• Hardware
  • Native Instruments S49 - A bad problem to have? (p.2)
2018/12/17 18:34:16
pureambient
Hello everyone

Thank you all so very much for your help here.  I was unable to work on this for the past few days - sorry for the unintentional silence.  Now that the work week is back, I doubt if I will get back to this any time before the week is out - but in the meantime, you have now given me concrete things that I can try - so that is really, really helpful.

I will EVENTUALLY come back and let you know how I got on; what worked, what didn't; what had to be done...but the main thing I wanted to do right now is thank you guys for your help - it's hugely, hugely appreciated because I am a bit out of touch and this stuff doesn't come naturally to me - I am a guitarist who happens to have played keyboards for ten years longer than I played guitar - but it was inevitable that I would start out with SONAR 8.5 and then carried all the way along till the bitter end - and beyond - and then adding Komplete in several years ago - was the real icing on the cake.

Rarely do both my guitar system and my keyboards both work at the same time, but if we get this running, it would almost appear as if 2019 is the year when I will have good, repeatable systems for recording in Komplete - as well as a tricked out guitar system after spending almost a year on sound design and preset library creation (the phase I am in now).

So getting Komplete back - for one thing - I want to try out the awesome new sounds in Kontakt 6 and a few other Native instruments goodies I got for an early Christmas a few weeks ago - and sure, I can HEAR them in standalone - but I really need to be able to RECORD  them.

Having the transport working is a luxury item but the VS-100 trick looks mega easy so I will give that a try absolutely - but first, I have to get the system to SEE the keyboard!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks - and I will get back to you as I am able....

cheers

dave :-)

2018/12/17 19:24:39
pureambient
...and then curiosity got the better of me

OK

Here is what I found

IN CONTROL PANEL - the S49 appears, and according to it's PROPERTIES is working fine.

I have actually re-installed it TWICE now - it makes no difference.

However - in light of what Glyn said - I looked, and I do NOT have two dll files - at least, I could only find one - the 64 bit version called "Komplete Kontrol.dll" - that is IT - that is all I have.

So how do I get the other dll?  And bear in mind I JUST re-installed Komplete Kontrol per your suggestion (including new download of course) - and - I end up with just one dll.    Version 2.0.5.  

I don't know what to do next - any ideas?  What can I test?

The keyboard lights up, and I can browse, and I can select sound sample PREVIEWS and hear those previews - but I have no MIDI activity in the tray   - when I press the keys of my S49 - there are no lights lighting like they used to.

Why is that - can you list please what

1) my physical connections - should be
2) what settings should be made where?

I'm going in circles...

Thanks

Dave

2018/12/17 21:06:29
Glyn Barnes
The S-series drivers are available on the NI web-site https://www.native-instru...s/drivers-other-files/

There are drivers for the MK1 and the MK2 models, straw clutching again but maybe you have the wrong one.  I have no idea where I got the extra .dll but just maybe it came with the driver instalation.  My S61 is the Mark 1 model and it was sometime ago I installed it but it all went very smoothly.

Have you tried the NI forums - https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forums/komplete-kontrol-series.354/
Help and response can be erratic at times but there are some very knowledgeable people there.
2018/12/18 17:44:56
pureambient
Hi there

I definitely have a MK II keyboard - and MK II drivers - but only the one DLL.

But I don't really know for sure if I SHOULD have two DLLs - because MAYBE Mark I needs two - and I only need one - although having said that - normally, I usually have both a 32 and 64 bit dll - so why IS there only one.

My driver might be old though - so I will go get the newest one and try that - and if no luck, I will hit the big forum and the SONAR forum - haven't gone there yet because I felt like we were getting somewhere....

I shall be Bach.  Well, at least back...

Dave :-)

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account