• Hardware
  • How to send 1/8 inch stereo into android smartphone in?
2018/12/22 10:46:08
musichoo
I would like to record video with my Android smartphone but with audio using my condenser mic. I have a couple of usb audio interface. I am hoping to send the mic audio from the interface 1/8 out into android phone in. Is it possible? Is that a cable for it? Or I need to custom made one?
2018/12/22 19:29:01
Leadfoot
The 1/8 jack on the Android is a headphone jack only, unless you have an Android with more than one 1/8 jack. I've never seen one like that.
2018/12/22 19:41:11
mettelus
+1, and the ones that do have audio in are mono AFAIK (they have a longer plug with one more ring). It may be simpler to record separately and use visual cue markers to align the video to the audio before editting.
2018/12/22 23:02:31
Cactus Music
It won't help using a better mike really, Laptops and cell phone cannot really produce good audio using the little jacks,, One thing is it's real hard to logically set proper levels with the interface they use. Then they normally compress and "auto level" the track. 
I have been experimenting with recording myself and the best solution is to either record to a laptop with a proper audio interface or use a hand held recorder like my Tascam DR 40.   Then simply sync up the audio in Vegas later.

It's been easy to do as I always have a count in that records to the on board or camers's audio as well as the Tascam. 
I just did a shoot with 4 cameras. They all have audio tracks that I can use to sync the videos. I don't worry about the quality as long as they capture that count in clearly and at a decent level. 
Then I captured my Voice and my guitar live to the Tascam. I dropped that back in to Cakewalk and exported a high quality audio track. Now I drop that into Vegas and once synced up I can delete the other low quality tracks. 
Next I'm going to try recording directly into Cakewalk with my audio interface. 

2018/12/23 09:45:33
musichoo
OK. Thank You guys for the input. I have been recording video with an android phone and audio via condenser mic/interface/laptop with Sonar CBB. I always use count in and then combine the audio and video with flimora. With the lower quality audio muted. I guess this is the best way for now.
2018/12/26 04:04:02
Kamikaze

2018/12/29 20:10:51
eikelbijter
A lot of android phones these days WILL support external USB audio interfaces! Have you tried this? As long as you can have class-compliant operation there might be a way to plug that interface right into your phone!

R
2019/01/01 17:23:00
Jesse G
musichoo
I would like to record video with my Android smartphone but with audio using my condenser mic. I have a couple of usb audio interface. I am hoping to send the mic audio from the interface 1/8 out into android phone in. Is it possible? Is that a cable for it? Or I need to custom made one?

Here is your answer on how to connect a USB Mic to an Android phone  ~~>  Here.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account