• SONAR
  • Best place for Sonar users from now on?
2018/12/23 18:48:02
chris.r
New forum looks great for all CakeLab users and this one will be soon closed. What would be the best place now as a knowledge resource and help with issues for all those people who for whatever reason, be it old hardware or individual decision or anything, stay with Sonar platinum or other legacy cakewalk software? Thanks.
2018/12/23 19:05:49
michael diemer
Probably using a combination of the new forum, where the majority of users will be; and this place. as a storehouse of deep knowledge. On that note, a better search feature on the old forum would be extremely welcome.
2018/12/23 19:34:44
stratman70
Better yet would be an easy to navigate NEW forum. I know I should not complain for one reason only--it's free.
Well OK. Guess that a reason.
I will only use that forum if I am in a very dire situation...

2018/12/24 00:24:20
Euthymia
My suggestion for anyone on a 64-bit system is to frickin' get over it. Seriously. There have been plenty of people who have tested it for you and the verdict is in: CbB will happily use the extras that came with whatever version of SONAR you had, it will not mess up your installation of SONAR, and it works better than SONAR did. If you do run into any snags with running the new program, it is supported, unlike SONAR.

My kinder suggestion for those on older 32-bit systems is to get busy now while this forum is still up and start your own forum on one of the free services that offer forum hosting. Call it SONAR Legacy or SONAR 32 or something like that. Then promote it here while you still can.

Having said that, CbB is not yet so different from SONAR Artist/Platinum that you even need to mention which one you're using if you want to ask about how to get something done, so just ask on the CbB forum.
2018/12/24 03:45:27
Leadfoot
Euthymia
My suggestion for anyone on a 64-bit system is to frickin' get over it. Seriously. There have been plenty of people who have tested it for you and the verdict is in: CbB will happily use the extras that came with whatever version of SONAR you had, it will not mess up your installation of SONAR, and it works better than SONAR did. If you do run into any snags with running the new program, it is supported, unlike SONAR.

I understand your point of view and respect it. I would love to get on the BandLab wagon, but without offline activation, I'm dead in the water. My only source of internet is my phone, and my service provider has a strict policy against tethering. I'll still migrate to the new forum with everyone else, but will continue to use Splat, as that's my only option right now.
2018/12/24 03:55:00
John
I suggest moving on to the new forum. There will be a lot of long time users that can help. Plus you will get the latest news on Cakewalk. 
2018/12/24 16:58:51
SonicExplorer
I fail to understand the problem with letting the forum live on for people still using Sonar so they can help each other out.  I highly doubt closing the forum is going to be a motivating factor in making people move to the new CdB product anyway.  So what is to gain by closing off this forum, especially if it is already going to live on in read-only format. 

????
2018/12/24 17:16:25
Starise
Leadfoot
Euthymia

I understand your point of view and respect it. I would love to get on the BandLab wagon, but without offline activation, I'm dead in the water. My only source of internet is my phone, and my service provider has a strict policy against tethering. I'll still migrate to the new forum with everyone else, but will continue to use Splat, as that's my only option right now.

I'm not sure if you have issue with the idea that CbB goes through the BL app? I understand some see this as a privacy issue. 
It seems you are saying you have absolutely no internet connections other than your phone. Here's a solution. Activate on a public connection, Starbucks, Public Library, college, church, etc. Once activated you are under no obligation to be online. You may even delete the BL app, though I don't recommend that because you miss the opportunity for updates. Yes you would need to locate your computer temporarily to a friends house or a public network. Small concession IMO.
2018/12/24 18:22:15
Leadfoot
That's a good idea, Tim. I have thought about that before. I've heard that I could also purchase a hotspot and do it that way? Not too familiar with those though.
2018/12/24 20:02:13
Brian Walton
Starise
Leadfoot
Euthymia

I'm not sure if you have issue with the idea that CbB goes through the BL app? I understand some see this as a privacy issue. 
It seems you are saying you have absolutely no internet connections other than your phone. Here's a solution. Activate on a public connection, Starbucks, Public Library, college, church, etc. Once activated you are under no obligation to be online. You may even delete the BL app, though I don't recommend that because you miss the opportunity for updates. Yes you would need to locate your computer temporarily to a friends house or a public network. Small concession IMO.

Not a big deal for those on a laptop.  I personally don't use my laptops for much of anything other than a backup solution, and I know many people that have a similar outlook.  

Hauling a "real" computer around only works assuming you have a friend that will let you directly on their network.  
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account