• SONAR
  • Best place for Sonar users from now on? (p.2)
2018/12/24 20:06:56
paulo
I don't see that asking any questions about Platinum on the new forum will be a problem. There's barely any difference between Platinum and the Bandlab version plus scook is already active over there and he knows everything there is to know about all things cakewalk, so you'll never be far from the answer you need.
2018/12/24 20:16:48
scook
I am just lucky when searching this forum and have decent recall.

Posting questions about old Cakewalk software on the CbB forum is not a problem. It would be nice if BandLab added a general software area where non-CbB related discussions could happen but if they don't the CbB area is the place to go. There may be a few users who push CbB a little too hard. I am an advocate but understand there are reasons for staying with older software. Try not to let CbB advocacy be a problem. Hopeful in time it will be less of an issue.

2018/12/25 00:10:34
promidi
Leadfoot
my service provider has a strict policy against tethering.

For a start, I would be ditching that service provider (if you can)
2018/12/25 08:19:44
John
I fail to see a problem if you are on this forum I don't see you not being able to be on th new forum however you mange it. Most software now requires some internet access. 
2018/12/25 09:47:18
Euthymia
Ooh, man, I feel ya. I know there are parts of rural and semi-rural IN and plenty of other US states (including my own state, CA, the home of Silicon Valley) that are dire when it comes to internet service.

I wonder what the strict policy is? Public shaming?

Leadfoot, if it costs you $30 to go over to Wal-Mart and grab a pre-paid burner phone for the sole purpose of downloading and authorizing Cakewalk, it will seem like a small price to pay for a really nice upgrade!

And to the other folks out there who are able to read this internet forum yet unable to connect their music computer to the internet for the 15 or so minutes it takes to download, install and authorize Cakewalk, that might be your solution, too. Get a burner.

Or if they catch you, tell them that your little brother came over and hooked up your phone to the computer while you weren't looking and downloaded the 550MB Cakewalk installer because he wants to be a rapper and you have already yelled at him but there ain't nothin' you can do about it now. :-)
2018/12/25 10:05:02
Euthymia
SonicExplorer
what is to gain by closing off this forum, especially if it is already going to live on in read-only format. 

????

A forum is a database, and any database administrator knows that a read-only database is much easier to maintain and much less likely to become corrupted than a read-write database.

Also, anyone who has ever dealt with the public knows that if you give people any chance to do something the wrong way, enough of them will take that chance that it will make you want to scream and punch the wall. So there would always be people with easily answered questions posting them here, getting no answer, then getting pissed off and ranting about how the people who took over SONAR don't give a crap about bla bla bla, or how they tried Cakewalk but couldn't get help from the seemingly nonexistent userbase yada yada....

And it slows down 32-bit SONAR users from doing what they need to do which is start their own forum on one of the free hosting services.
2018/12/25 11:55:42
John
I think we are forgetting that this forum is not free to Bandlab. Plus they really had nothing to do with it and don't know its ins and outs. 

2018/12/25 19:37:24
Leadfoot
Euthymia

Leadfoot, if it costs you $30 to go over to Wal-Mart and grab a pre-paid burner phone for the sole purpose of downloading and authorizing Cakewalk, it will seem like a small price to pay for a really nice upgrade!

You have a really good point, Euthymia! Thank you!
2018/12/25 20:14:18
stratman70

I have no issues with the program CWbyBL. I have both installed and have since the beginning. The only reason I continue to use  Splat is I have no issues with it for me and what I do.
I keep CwBL updated and open it most everyday just to keep things , well, fresh so to speak.
That said, I do prefer this forum (layout, font size, background, etc, etc)

I am sure the new one will change as more folks suggest and point out things that could use improvement. 
Mainly aesthetics, imho. The functionality i have found after some digging is OK.

When more features are added to CWBL that will benefit me and my workflow I will slowly migrate to it exclusively.

2018/12/27 13:58:15
Slugbaby
Can anyone confirm the new forum URL?
I haven't received any emails, and i see lots of posts discussing it but nobody actually identifying it...

[edit] Ignore this, i just saw the "Important Forum Announcement" sticky RIGHT ABOVE THIS POST!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account