• SONAR
  • Best place for Sonar users from now on? (p.3)
2018/12/27 16:15:49
John
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/2-cakewalk-by-bandlab-general/

You most likely find me there as well as most of your fellow Sonar users. And soon you wont be able to post here. 
2018/12/28 00:25:49
Cactus Music
To comment on the rural internet. I live in the bush. Dial up was my internet for 12 years or more. I then bought a SMart Hub which is a Wireless router that uses the Cell network to give you wi Fi in your home. You can take your smart hub with you anywhere your service provider has coverage. The big problem with those is most have a 2 to 5 GB limit per month. ANd they are deadly slow and drop out a lot if you are on the fringes like me. I have a cell booster but still, it was terrible.

I now use a Satellite system which I do believe has coverage all over the world if not for sure Canada and the USA. 
I pay $100 per month for 100 GB of bandwidth. I stream movies and all sorts of stuff and have never gone over. It's not fast but can keep ahead of a You tube streaming unless the weather is super cloudy out. 

Bottom line is everybody does have access to the internet if they want it. 

And I don't see why they would need a forum for old outdated software. Everything that you need to know is already published and easily found using Google. I've typed in the weirdest questions and guess what, There is always an answer and also guess what, they are 99% of the time found on a forum somewhere. 
I'm just learning how to use Vegas Movie studio and every time I'm stumped I just type in my question and pretty soon I have an answer. 
The forum is really a good resource but lets face it,,, the same questions get asked over and over and over. 

I doubt if the old timers would refuse to answer questions about the older versions on the new forum,,, but be warned,, right now the new forum is mostly just that, wait until all the newbies catch on and start asking those same old questions...  
2018/12/28 01:07:16
StarTekh
Welcome to 2019 :   the best option for pro support is :  IRC   Freenode.com   # Cakelab      see you there !

2018/12/28 13:40:45
Mesh
For all or any Sonar/Cakewalk/PC questions, just follow where SCook goes....simples.
2018/12/28 14:47:24
tobiaslindahl
Mesh
For all or any Sonar/Cakewalk/PC questions, just follow where SCook goes....simples.

Yea agreed,  and he is on the new forum so there we go :) 
2018/12/28 16:00:43
chris.r
scook
Posting questions about old Cakewalk software on the CbB forum is not a problem. It would be nice if BandLab added a general software area where non-CbB related discussions could happen but if they don't the CbB area is the place to go. There may be a few users who push CbB a little too hard. I am an advocate but understand there are reasons for staying with older software. Try not to let CbB advocacy be a problem. Hopeful in time it will be less of an issue.

Thanks Steve. I can't wait to upgrade my hardware and jump on a new shiny CakeLab myself but for the moment it's great to know people are still wanting to help in case of some Sonar issues regardless the fact that new forum is CbB oriented. Just need to remember to wear pads on the head to make the first few bashing posts through lol.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account