• SONAR
  • Melodyne 4 .......why did I do it? [SOLVED]
2018/12/29 12:02:53
paulo

Having decided a while back that the upgrade from Editor 2 to Editor 4 didn't really seem worth the bother for some reason (it became very cheap) I gave in.

I'd seen some threads where there were issues in the bandlab version, but still being a platinum user (2017.10) I thought I would be safe enough.

Reallllly wish I hadn't now. Seems very buggy.

Every instance opens as a straight line and I have to manually re do the algorithm for melodic (even though I have set this as the default option). The clip background is plain white and not how it used to be (with note indicator stripes) which is how it still looks on their website and as for dragging audio to midi - complete crashfest.

The clip background is the same in Studio One 3 so is this just how it is now? 

Is it just me? Is the bandlab version the same?

2018/12/29 12:35:31
michael japan
there is another thread about this - I have the exact same problem. It seems (or many people think it is the reason) that the latest update caused this and we don't know when the next update is. Yes, I have to choose melodic everytime. My only work around now is that I open a larger segment at a time (if tuning vocals) so that it only has to draw the line once. But of course that isn't always practical -but it works.
2018/12/29 12:55:47
paulo
Thanks for the suggestion and confirming that I'm not going mad - ever since v-vocal I've been in the habit of only selecting small clips because anyone who used it knew how it went when you didn't.  I hope this gets fixed soon.
2018/12/30 00:32:07
BRainbow
Me too.  Always have to manually select melodic or polyphonic to get it to do more than show a straight line (which is probably the percussive algorithm loading by default).  Frustrating, but it only take a couple seconds to remedy and everything else (except the time cursor not visually jibing with what's showing in the CW track view window).  They know about it and should fix it - not sure why they haven't done so yet.
2018/12/30 01:24:00
Just Another Bloke
Same behavior here Paulo.

Not in Studio One though. :-)
2018/12/30 13:41:43
wetdentist
how this version ever made it out of beta is beyond me, but the only issue for me is that it doesn't remember the default algorithm 
2018/12/30 13:50:38
Moxica
Happens to me as well. My workaround is to close melodyne, press ctrl-z and then make a slightly different selection before engaging Melodyne again.
That second time, it draws correctly.
2018/12/30 16:51:56
Wookiee
Seeing this here as well but I suspect it may be down to the version of ARA. S-Plat and CbB are still using ARA 1 but Melodyne is now ARA 2, which is supposedly backwards compatible but not as backwardly as we would like.

If it is any consolation it has been reported to Celomony on a couple of occasions.
2018/12/30 17:24:37
jlhawk
Funny, mine behaves exactly the same way, and the discrepancy with the time cursor made it unusable, so I reinstalled the previous version. I also sent Celemony several projects that had time issues. Their response was that my files worked flawlessly in their environment... I call BS... I also run the full Studio version, and that's a lot of scratch to spend for a buggy product that's been a problem since September... I'm not real thrilled with Celemony right about now...

BRainbow
Me too.  Always have to manually select melodic or polyphonic to get it to do more than show a straight line (which is probably the percussive algorithm loading by default).  Frustrating, but it only take a couple seconds to remedy and everything else (except the time cursor not visually jibing with what's showing in the CW track view window).  They know about it and should fix it - not sure why they haven't done so yet.

2018/12/30 18:44:40
paulo
Just Another Bloke
Same behavior here Paulo.

Not in Studio One though. :-)

I'm still getting the plain white clip background in s1. Is that not the case for you?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account