• SONAR
  • Melodyne 4 .......why did I do it? [SOLVED] (p.2)
2018/12/30 18:46:25
paulo
Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions.

It does make me feel a bit better that it's not just me.

Does that make me a bad person?

2018/12/30 18:50:44
Just Another Bloke
paulo
Just Another Bloke
Same behavior here Paulo.

Not in Studio One though. :-)

I'm still getting the plain white clip background in s1. Is that not the case for you?

Let me verify that.
2018/12/30 18:51:28
paulo
jlhawk
Funny, mine behaves exactly the same way, and the discrepancy with the time cursor made it unusable, so I reinstalled the previous version. I also sent Celemony several projects that had time issues. Their response was that my files worked flawlessly in their environment... I call BS... I also run the full Studio version, and that's a lot of scratch to spend for a buggy product that's been a problem since September... I'm not real thrilled with Celemony right about now...

BRainbow
Me too.  Always have to manually select melodic or polyphonic to get it to do more than show a straight line (which is probably the percussive algorithm loading by default).  Frustrating, but it only take a couple seconds to remedy and everything else (except the time cursor not visually jibing with what's showing in the CW track view window).  They know about it and should fix it - not sure why they haven't done so yet.

I thought that I was going mad earlier when the time ruler kept getting out of sync. I thought it was my old pc having trouble keeping up with it as it looped.

Wow, this version is really buggy.

When you say that you installed the previous version, do you mean v4...something or prior to 4?  I only have the v4 installer they sent me when I bought the upgrade.
2018/12/30 19:26:41
Just Another Bloke
paulo
Just Another Bloke

I'm still getting the plain white clip background in s1. Is that not the case for you?

Nope, I get the grid background in Studio One Pro 4.
2018/12/30 19:32:05
scook
paulo

When you say that you installed the previous version, do you mean v4...something or prior to 4?  I only have the v4 installer they sent me when I bought the upgrade.

Unless you have more than one license you can't reinstall v2 if it was used to upgrade to 4. Celemony requires surrendering a license to upgrade.
2018/12/30 20:37:24
paulo
Just Another Bloke
paulo
Just Another Bloke

Nope, I get the grid background in Studio One Pro 4.

Thanks for checking. 

2018/12/30 20:40:32
paulo
scook
paulo

Unless you have more than one license you can't reinstall v2 if it was used to upgrade to 4. Celemony requires surrendering a license to upgrade.

Yeah, I was hoping that there was a previous version 4.xx installer somewhere that I could install instead of the latest one until it's fixed.

2018/12/31 01:23:43
trusso11783
I have only known Melodyne to work this way and I have been using it for a year when it was bundled with Samplitude ProX3. I must always manually change To Melodic and then it works,
2018/12/31 18:44:00
paulo
Update ( in case anyone is interested)

Celemony sent me a previous v.4 installer and it draws the audio correctly so at least that is now unbroken again, Still missing the horizontal note lines on the audio clip, but I'm happier than I was. Haven't had time to test if the time ruler is behaving itself or not in this version yet. 

They said that they know there are problems and they are working on it.
2018/12/31 20:08:14
DeeringAmps
Thanks for the update!

T
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account