• Software
  • Magix merge data? Trouble with Magix website
2018/12/30 01:47:53
cecelius2
Hi:  I just tried to log into my Magix account for Samplitude Pro X3 Suite.  I got a message that in november they merged sites.  The new site does not list my products that I registered.  Further, their forum no longer recognizes my login.

I have not received any emails indicating the merger, nor of any announcements of any updates.

Anyone else having trouble accessing their Magix accounts from purchases last year?

I sent their service center a request but I know that others have complained about Magiz service in the past.

C2

2018/12/30 02:05:18
Leadfoot
Magix has the most infuriating and unhelpful website out of all the software companies I've encountered.
2018/12/30 17:12:00
stevec
Any chance it could be related to the Magix vs. Magix Pro thing mentioned here?
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Samplitude-Pro-X3-Suite-Upgrade-SpectraLayers-Pro-offer-for-only-149-m3700766-p2.aspx

2018/12/30 19:26:05
cecelius2
stevec
Any chance it could be related to the Magix vs. Magix Pro thing mentioned here?
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Samplitude-Pro-X3-Suite-Upgrade-SpectraLayers-Pro-offer-for-only-149-m3700766-p2.aspx

Stevec:  That is what I thought at first, but the two accounts are now merged according to the Magix Pro Service Center page.  The merge took place in Nov 2018.  Both sites are still up, but in late January 2019 there will only be one:  Magix Service Center.  As I noted, I did open a service ticket yesterday.  I will report back on what they say.

Also, my Samplitude Forum name, email no longer works.  I know that is a separate site, but it is strange that all of the Magix related sites are giving me trouble.  I may be wrong but I suspect that their progress at merging has corrupted or lost some of the user info.  

C2
2018/12/30 20:51:07
burgerproduction
I've just logged on to Magix site and my products are all still there.
Have you tried a password reset and logged in on a different device?
I hate to say it, but you may have had your account hijacked.
2018/12/30 22:29:10
cecelius2
Thanks burgerproduction.  I actually can log into my magix pro service center account--it works, but they do not list any of my products from last year.

Regarding the Magix Samplitude forum, I was able to get in using my forum user name instead of my email.  So I am making some progress.  If necessary, I can post there also for guidance about the merger.  They should know more details about the merger.

2018/12/30 22:59:20
cecelius2
Bergerproduction--thanks again for your suggestion about reseting password.  That worked, and I was able to find my products now.  Your suggestion really helped!

Now the Magix Service Center (not the Magix Pro Audio Service Center) shows my products.
This merger and their multiple sites is very, very confusing.  Maybe (hopefully?) after the merger is complete it will be easier to navigate their website user area.

Thanks again very much
C2
2018/12/30 23:38:50
Wayfarer
I tried to tell ya'll, Magix sucks. Their video software has ALWAYS been full of bugs and they don't care. So sad to see they took over Vegas. I went to Vegas after Adobe Premiere went to subscription garbage. Now I'll have to dump Vegas somewhere down the line too. No idea what I'll be using next, but I'll never have anything to do with Magix ever again. They've got Nazis running that company.
2018/12/31 02:53:47
Leadfoot
I like Samplitude and Vegas, just not their site.
2018/12/31 07:12:18
Larry Jones
Leadfoot
I like Samplitude and Vegas, just not their site.

Plus 1 on that. I bought Samplitude during the Gibson Crisis of 2017. It's quite powerful and I liked it a lot, but once Bandlab stepped in I decided to stay put.

Been using Vegas for 10 years or more. Video is hard. Any product that allows you to produce a professional-level product is going to be complicated.

Bottom line is the Germans (Magix) march to a different drum. I've never been fully in step with them, but I don't think it's anything they're doing to me on purpose.

PS: The new Bandlab forum is using the same discussion board software as Magix.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account