• SONAR
  • My last and final SONAR questions...seriously
2018/12/30 22:24:51
Just Another Bloke
I had to a fresh install on a new SSD hard drive (too long of a story why), and so I decided to install my last SONAR Platinum (before CbB). I did from my saved installer.

I'm not sure what went wrong but it stared out in Demo mode. So, I did an offline activation. No biggie really.

My 1st question is this: Did SONAR online activation get "deactivated"? 

My 2nd question is: Will the link to get to "My Products" be active once the forum goes down?  

2018/12/31 05:02:25
Grem
Good questions.

But I do know of another person who recently had his install of SPlat and a plugin go into Demo mode for no apparent reason. Then just as suddenly as they quit working they were again activated. Maybe something is up with the servers?
2018/12/31 21:23:23
Just Another Bloke
Thinking about it now it's possible that when this forum goes dark:

a) the legacy product installers/activations may be part of the BandLab Assistant
b) All Cakewalk, Inc products will be "unlocked"
c) nothing may happen because it's not been thought out yet

As Mooch4056 says, "It's C. It's always C".  
2019/01/02 01:11:39
Cactus Music
The only thing that matters is the extra stuff we got with Splat. We don't need the core program anymore. Most of that has it's own installers and registration so I don't think I  lose anything if the old CCC system dies.  I even scored the activations for things like Overloud. Not sure what would be missing if there was no CCC or server and I did a fresh install. Probably nothing important. 

They won't be unlocking anything as why and how would that happen? It would take up staff time to re code stuff and there is nothing gained by Bandlab if they do. 
2019/01/08 00:49:27
BMOG
I just had this same issue and was wondering the same thing. I have not made the leap to the bandlab version yet and I may never because I am satisfied with the latest version of legacy SPLAT. Once the forum goes dark and I need to install again for whatever reason are you saying I will be forced to use the bandlab version? My assumption without CCC there is no way around getting out of demo mode is there? I am a lifetime subscriber to SPLAT if that matters
2019/01/08 01:28:37
Just Another Bloke
BMOG,

I believe that the forum and your "Cakewalk, Inc," (not BandLab) account page will/should remain separate. 

For me it's just that for some reason in order to do a fresh install of SPlat I had to do an offline authorization. No biggie as long as the servers remain on line. 

WRT being a lifetime "subscriber" that ship has sailed (and sank). You simply have a license to continue using the last version of SPlat you paid for.

FWIW, I've not needed to open SPlat for anything but a "check" on a situation that Paulo reported here in the SONAR forum.  I get all my SONAR/Cakewalk needs covered by CbB.
2019/01/08 01:43:26
Jimbo 88
BMOG
I just had this same issue and was wondering the same thing. I have not made the leap to the bandlab version yet and I may never because I am satisfied with the latest version of legacy SPLAT. Once the forum goes dark and I need to install again for whatever reason are you saying I will be forced to use the bandlab version? My assumption without CCC there is no way around getting out of demo mode is there? I am a lifetime subscriber to SPLAT if that matters

you should make the jump to Bandlab just to have on your computer for safety if nothing else,   CbB is just an updated version of Splat anyway. Just try it and if it doesn't feel right go back to Splat, but at least you won't be totally hung out to dry if Splat goes bad on you.
2019/01/08 03:06:43
rcklln
It would be nice to know what happens to Sonar Platinum (activation wise) and when.
2019/01/09 14:31:40
Just Another Bloke
Still.....no answers.
2019/01/09 20:27:30
paulo

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account