• SONAR
  • My last and final SONAR questions...seriously (p.2)
2019/01/09 20:45:28
Cactus Music
You need to ask this question on the new forum. Bandlab staff do not read these posts as far as I can tell.
And we were told a year ago that they had no plans on shutting down the "Gibson" servers in the near future, what ever that means. The way this world work, nobody will really care about the few stragglers left behind. But then:::
For me the big question would be this:
2 years from now I build a new computer and now there is no support or servers at all for Splat.
What would I be missing from my VST collections ?
As I said I have authorizations from most of the 3rd party vendors but what included content is now missing in CbB?
2019/01/10 06:03:33
Just Another Bloke
I'll consider asking "over there".
2019/01/10 16:30:19
whattarush
You may want to copy and paste all of your authorization and registrations codes into a notepad file (or equivalent) and save all of your product installation files unto a backup drive. As for as SPLAT, it may be best to just install Cakewalk by Bandlab, then use your other product installation files to install any content that you have that CbB doesn't install. I wouldn't trust CCC to be viable too much longer, not after Gibson suddenly dropped the product with absolutely no prior notice or warning. Who's to say they won't do the same with CCC.
2019/01/10 20:23:04
Cactus Music
whattarush
You may want to copy and paste all of your authorization and registrations codes into a notepad file (or equivalent) and save all of your product installation files unto a backup drive. As for as SPLAT, it may be best to just install Cakewalk by Bandlab, then use your other product installation files to install any content that you have that CbB doesn't install. I wouldn't trust CCC to be viable too much longer, not after Gibson suddenly dropped the product with absolutely no prior notice or warning. Who's to say they won't do the same with CCC.

If you are addressing this to me, yes we ( most of us on the forum) did all this last December after much discussion about how to future proof ourselves.
Myself I copied all the installation files to at least 4 back up drives. I also made a notepad with all my codes.
I also took screenshots of all my codes.
I have X3e so that was my last resort if we lost SPlat. It would have been tough to go back that far but myself I found no love of the other DAW's I tried last year. I also installed Splat to 6 different computers. I figured it might be 10 years before all of those died completely.  So just think about how happy I am now we have what we have. So even if that dies I'm ready and prepared.
2019/01/11 07:39:12
Just Another Bloke
Excellent answers by all, even Paulo.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account