• SONAR
  • Way to retrieve Melodyne tracks?
2019/01/13 23:28:11
jonnewyork
I opened a project in Band Lab and noticed that the lead vocal was missing the sections that had melodyne on them.
I tried opening it in Sonar X3 so I could freeze the track but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

Win 7 Pro
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz, 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM
64 bit op sys
Lynx Aurora 16 ADC w/ AES16e card
2019/01/14 20:49:19
Cactus Music
Did the tracks you opened in X3 show and play the missing parts?
Did you authorize your X3 copy of Melodyne on the computer you are using CbB on?
If you changed computers you have to de authorize Melodyne first.

2019/01/14 21:59:39
jonnewyork
Cactus Music
Did the tracks you opened in X3 show and play the missing parts?
Did you authorize your X3 copy of Melodyne on the computer you are using CbB on?
If you changed computers you have to de authorize Melodyne first.

I haven't changed computers. X3 didn't show waveforms and wouldn't play. The track had been playing but the last time I opened the project I got error messages about Melodyne.

"The following VST plugin failed to load (80004002) c:\program files\common files\vst3\Celemony\Melodyne"

followed by another message that says Melodyne may be missing or improperly installed.

2019/01/15 09:59:15
mettelus
The original (non-edited) audio file should still be in the Project Audio folder, which is the worst case fall-back.

First, try a reset and rescan of your VST plugins, that may solve it, but if corrupt it may not.

To recover the Melodyne edits (they are stored in the cwp file itself, so the Melodyne "Separations" folder content is not needed... Melodyne will reconstruct itself when the cwp is loaded), you may simply need to reinstall Melodyne. I recovered my computer from an image recently and Melodyne made me re-authorize it by deactivating the same machine (sort of funny). If corrupted, you may need to uninstall Melodyne prior to re-installing, then re-activate it on your machine again. If CbB fails to load it, focus on recovering Melodyne first. You may also need to ask Celemony what is up with the installation if the above won't recover it for you.
2019/01/15 18:10:42
jonnewyork
Thanks for the advice, Mettelus.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account