Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 48
2017/05/20 12:48:46 (permalink)

major sound issues

Hi guys
Hope you can help me on this one.
I've recently been recording fine
Today everything went haywire.
I can snap my fingers and hear them through my mics ( although I normally wouldn't be able to hear them as I have always just played along with the music without hearing myself)  but when I attempt to play back tracks meters do not register anything and when I attempt to record no meter / sound is present on any of my tracks. no record wave is present either...
I've noticed that my usual inputs (ua25) have gone from ua25x left output (1) to uz25x output (2) which may have something to do with the problem.... everything has gone to **** today after having a decent few years working away with no real problems...
Any help would be greatly appreciated as a lot of help is needed I'd suggest...

11 Replies Related Threads

Zargg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10666
    Re: major sound issues 2017/05/20 13:19:04 (permalink)
    Hi. Which driver mode do you use? (Preferences (P), Audio, Playback and Recording?
    Edit: I would use ASIO.
    All the best.
    post edited by Zargg - 2017/05/20 14:20:16

Ken Nilsen
    Zargg
    BBZ
    Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
    Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re: major sound issues 2017/05/20 14:48:10 (permalink)
    So it worked fine before then suddenly started with this issue?  Please list your basic setup.

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    Cactus Music
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: major sound issues 2017/05/20 15:11:06 (permalink)
    Really hard to say anything without some details of your set up. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Benjitara
    Re: major sound issues 2017/05/21 04:17:34 (permalink)
    Hi guys. It seems to be an issue with drivers, When sonar stops "unexpectedly" it then can not recognise my interface inputs and outputs... everything was fine and then these freezes on sonar have bought up this problem....

Cactus Music
    Really hard to say anything without some details of your set up. 

I've gone through the preferences Asio driver option but still getting a variety of faults etc...
    gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: major sound issues 2017/05/21 12:28:33 (permalink)
    Are playback and record timing master set in preferences?
    post edited by gswitz - 2017/05/21 15:51:05

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    Cactus Music
    Re: major sound issues 2017/05/21 14:54:43 (permalink)
    What we are asking is what hardware are you using. It's all guesswork when you don't state your set up. Most of us put our system specs in our signature. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  

Benjitara
    Re: major sound issues 2017/05/22 06:08:29 (permalink)
    Cactus Music
    What we are asking is what hardware are you using. It's all guesswork when you don't state your set up. Most of us put our system specs in our signature. 

I'm using Sonar Pro
    Interface cakewalk ua-25x.
    GSWITZ thank you for your reply too. I've made sure this is the case. It's been bizarre, I've used sonar for years in the le version. had pro for about 3 months... The problem arises when the programme (sonar pro) stops or freezes. It then doesn't recognise the ua-25x. I've had to reboot and restart the computer numerous times before (as if by a miracle) it recognizes the inputs again....
    Cactus Music
    Re: major sound issues 2017/05/22 15:41:20 (permalink)
    Because we still don't know your complete specs  I will only guess that the ua-25x does not have drivers for Windows 10// but I'm still having to guess. 
    If you had a clear list of system specs the first answer would have probably been a helpful answer. Two days have gone by and all the answers are just shots in the dark most asking you to please supply details. We need all the details to help logically. 

By system specs we mean: 
    Audio interface,  Cakewalk ua-25   I had no clue what "ua-25" meant and wasn't into having to look it up so thanks.
    Driver mode- ??
    Computer specs  ??
    Operating System - ??  
    Sonar version- ?? 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  

Sir Les
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1182
    Re: major sound issues 2017/05/22 19:03:29 (permalink)
    I believe it is the driver being lost , being the cause,...So, Here you can try a workaround?...open the Sonar Preferences, and select the "Input out put driver" to any other than the one you want to use.
    Hit apply, then reselect the driver you want to use, hit apply....Does it now work when done?.

Then I would go into the control panel and select the audio Icon, and check all the settings, making sure not to share the Audio device with windows or any other app...if a box is there,, and make sure all boxes for different bit rates are all selected.

test to make sure they all play back clean in that...and make sure you try to sort out if other drivers are used for Windows ..and onboard audio device be set...if possible for windows use.
    And any driver for your external audio device left free...for application DAW use.

other issues of note, sometimes windows when booting, does not set things as set up, with proper services...and, in some notes from other forums, and manufacturing postings,...You might have to turn on the device before booting,...or after it is booted so it shows up with proper services running or started...Might also solve some of this sort of behaving badly sort of thing.

Event viewer, if you note the time of the freezing,...You might come to see what caused the freezing up of , and loss of the Audio device in that, what started to run, or was logged as fault.

I have not solved this issue, other than the logging being behind some of the mayhem here, and tried many tweaks, and setups....So I canned the idea of using PCs for now.

One good tip is to turn off HDMI, and if so, Onboard audio...and if so trying to turn off onboard audio, best to use the bios disabling of it, stops the driver being loaded for it?..might want to disable the driver in device manager before disabling Bios device chip...and test that, just with your audio selection...but, windows must be made to not sound any sounds, and or disable all sounds of windows, and any background applications that use audio......in sound preferences, you can say no windows sounds....because windows will try to use that one device to sound if not disabling, taking use of the driver away from the application.

In my findings...if so is so...When sending out intel from the PC, using Bing or other Explorer BROWSER connections...to send out that intel data collection, services must run,  if the data collection application opens up browser terms...If it uses the audio and video, or is tied to audio for internet sounds, then a driver is addressed for in some regards?.......eh, that might interrupt the Application being used to cause a freezing, and the driver hickup and loss.

Not saying this is a reason for it...But I rule out nothing!...Best be sure, you set up, perhaps not as intended said works by others,..but as required by the user which works best.

So...Good luck with that...you may find the best settings...are as using onboard as default for windows sounds and spying.....Leaving the other DRIVER FREE for Applications and being exclusively set as best one can, under WINDOWS RULE OF THUMB.

Not saying it will solve...but could help narrow down why....and if internet nic is being addressed in the event viewer at the time of freezing up of the daw used.

you have a reason...turn off the nic internet device...so no interruptions are made...and service cannot run?...oh I am sure they found a way around that also....eh/...so disconnect the cat cable...solves some of that, and no wi fi...solves the other!.

Good luck.

cheers..

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
    2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
    Benjitara
    Re: major sound issues 2017/06/05 04:30:24 (permalink)
    thanks for replies....
    I've been having the issue pop in and out again recently
    I changed audio drivers to mme.(from asio)  and have got it going again today.... can't seem to get to the bottom of why it's happening though...
    anyway. it's working again now.

Benjitara
    Re: major sound issues 2017/06/05 06:40:13 (permalink)
    Spoke too soon.
    While I changed the drivers to MME it messed with the timing on synths.
    I can't export any audio that way either
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1