mastering plugin

Author
:10:
Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3678
2005/06/17 10:05:56 (permalink)

mastering plugin

I know this was brought up before by a few people....but in case anyone missed it.

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/ozone/

the demo version has a bunch of really good presets that you can use with out buying the the whole version. I just remastered one of my songs with it last night(I will post both versions up to show the difference later)
this plugin is really nice...and I recomend trying it out for mastering your final wave file's.

looks like I will have to add this to the list of exspensive things i want....
with the way things are looking...im going to need at least 12 grand just to get everything i want.....ouch

7 Replies Related Threads

Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: mastering plugin 2005/06/17 10:16:20 (permalink)
    hey Sean... instead of mastering your final .wav files, can you add it to the MASTER AUX in the device chain? I've begun adopting this method along with a limiter and a compressor so I don't have to do a thing after rendering it down to wav!!
    woodamand
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 673
    RE: mastering plugin 2005/06/17 11:51:28 (permalink)
    Ozone is an awsome product, I have used it many times. Also, in the premastering stage, the PSP Vintage Warmer is about as good an analog style compressor as you could hope for.
    Both of them are really, really worth the money.

check out the new Brain Transfer Project CD
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/braintransfer
    harmony gardens
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3490
    RE: mastering plugin 2005/06/17 11:58:52 (permalink)
    FWIW, I've been really enjoying Spectralive. It's really a nice enhancer that is easy to use, and works miracles on some projects. I was in on the group buy, and it was a heck of a deal for $15, but easily worth the full price.
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: mastering plugin 2005/06/17 14:19:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Digital Aura

hey Sean... instead of mastering your final .wav files, can you add it to the MASTER AUX in the device chain? I've begun adopting this method along with a limiter and a compressor so I don't have to do a thing after rendering it down to wav!!

I already do this sorta....I place a compressor on the master, and one for each of my drumtracks...i supose its a little over kill..but it works for me.
    I try and get th emix as close as possible to what i am looking for. then i export to wave, and clean it up in soundforge to balance it out with a 20 band EQ.

but with this new plugin...all i have to do is select one of the presets...and it masters it for me.

ba_midi
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14061
    RE: mastering plugin 2005/06/17 14:33:39 (permalink)
    Digi,

I have Ozone, and it IS powerful, but I find it better to use in a wav editor like Audition 1.5 (cool edit), etc becuase it's a bit CPU hungry. So it's best use as a real mastering plugin.

However, I find myself using it less and less because of all the great tools in Sonar/P5 already. Or just using much less CPU hungry plugins..

ORIGINAL: Digital Aura

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    pcmodeler
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 104
    RE: mastering plugin 2005/06/17 15:42:03 (permalink)
    Looks interesting. I was especially impressed with their mastering document. Did a real good job of explaining the different tools, how they work, etc.
    cmusicmaker
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2328
    RE: mastering plugin 2005/06/17 15:48:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ba_midi

Digi,

I have Ozone, and it IS powerful, but I find it better to use in a wav editor like Audition 1.5 (cool edit), etc becuase it's a bit CPU hungry. So it's best use as a real mastering plugin.

Agreed, I use Ozone as well and it is a bit heavy on CPU usage. It is certainly best used as a mastering plug only. I guess a scaled down version would be very interesting for track use but then again as a S4 +P5v.2 user I have more than enough plugs for track usage.

But it is a fantastic mastering plug.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1