Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
carlosagm79
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 301
2011/02/08 14:54:17 (permalink)

mesagge to cakewalk developers

YOU CANNOT SELECT CLIPS WITH THE NEW SELECT TOOL IF THE CLIP BEGGING IS SLICED
-DOUBLE CLIP THE PIANO ROLL (OR WHATEVER EDIT WINDOWS) DOES NOT APPEAR THE CORRESPONDENT WINDOW
-CONTROL SELECT MULTIPLE TRACK DOES NOT WORK ANY MORE (OK,JUST FROM THE TRACK NUMBER)
-DRAGGING AND SELECTING ,WITH THE SMART TOOL, SELECT THINGS ERRONEOUSLY ALL THE TIME, LETS SAY THERE IS 2 CLIPS DRAGGED OVER, IT SELECTS JUST ONE
-I NEVER UNDERSTAND, WHY IF IM WORKING WITH A MIDI TRACK, LETS SAY CHANNEL NUMBER 7 , THE VOLUME ENVELOPE THATS APPEAR BY DEFAULT IS CHANNEL 1?? NOW ITS NOT BETTER, WHEN I SELECT EDIT AUTOMATION ,VOLUME OR WHATEVER, BY DEFAULT ALWAYS SAYS CHANNEL 1, THE FUNNY THING, ITS WORK ON THE REAL CHANNEL
- THERE IS SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH SAOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY CARDS AND SOUNDFONT INSTRUMENTS WHEN EDITING NRPN, SOMETIMES APPEARS AS A MIDI EDITABLE VALUE , SOMETIMES NOT
- USED TO BE A SONAR VERSION IN WISH WAS EASY TO SEE ALL YOUR TRACKS(20 OR 30) AND THE MOST IMPORTANT DATA ON TRACK PANE ON THE LEFT, LIKE VOL, PAN, MSR,METERS AND FX IN A 14 INCH MONITOR, NOW THATS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!! , IT WAS SO EASY TO EDIT AND MIX THOSE DAYS, THIS IS NOT GARAGE BAND WITH LOTS OF STUPID ICONS(I KNOW YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE WHAT TO SHOW OR NOT, BUT IM NEVER HAPPY ANYMORE, EVEN THE METERS PEAK OCCUPIES STUPIDLY TOO MUCH SPACE!), I NEED TO HAVE AN OVERALL IDEA OF WHAT IM DOING WITHOUT THE NEED TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER WINDOWS ALL THE TIME TO SELECT PORTS OR MIX, WHATEVER, ALSO YOU SHOULD ADD A DISPLACEMENT BAR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LEFT MAIN WINDOW.

43 Replies Related Threads

FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 11326
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 15:09:15 (permalink)
    Less of the caps lock would halp make that lot a little more readable.

While many CW staff do frequent these forums the best way to report problems is via the problem reporter, that way you know it will reach them.
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 15:41:02 (permalink)
    Finally,

Someone figures out how to get through directly to the CW developers.

All CAPS.

Who'd a thunk?

Dave Modisette
    • Total Posts : 11050
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 16:04:09 (permalink)
    bapu

Finally,

All CAPS.

Who'd a thunk?

He forgot

BOLD IN RED LETTERS!

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    ...wicked
    Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7360
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 16:18:49 (permalink)
    Every time I try and read that post my eyes de-focus and I just hear "blah blah blah!"

===========
    The Fog People
    ===========

Intel i7-4790 
    16GB RAM
    ASUS Z97 
    Roland OctaCapture
    Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
    billions VSTs, some of which work    
    Supercomposer
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 259
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 16:21:11 (permalink)
    Damn, don´t make fun of him,  he is simply UPSET, but some of the zombie fanbois who eat whatever they get served do not remember what REAL ANGER about sloppy programming is!

ME is the Supercomposer, and all your base are belong to us (Yes, I mean Germany)

System Spec: CPU 2x X7560 Xeon 16-Core, 48 GIG Ram Kingston, Intel with Supermicro Workstation MP Boards, RME HDSPe, PNY Quadro 6000
    dmbaer
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2585
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 19:25:07 (permalink)
    bapu

Finally,

All CAPS.

Who'd a thunk?

Ironically, the thread subject is all lower case.  An ambush!!!!
    ...wicked
    Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7360
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 19:56:03 (permalink)
    Supercomposer
    Damn, don´t make fun of him,  he is simply UPSET, but some of the zombie fanbois who eat whatever they get served do not remember what REAL ANGER about sloppy programming is!

I'm not making fun of him, it's a legitimate comment. The Caps Lock key does not discriminate between race or creed or religion or language. 

Of course, I'm completely unsurprised that you are drawn to his cause and righteousness.

===========
    The Fog People
    ===========

Intel i7-4790 
    16GB RAM
    ASUS Z97 
    Roland OctaCapture
    Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
    billions VSTs, some of which work    
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 20:08:14 (permalink)
    Supercomposer

well next time your over at the other forum that you like to harp on about.. do me a favour.. tell them to fix their latest masterpiece (the one that comes with a lot of "trial ware" ).. I got my upgrade of that the other week, and it falls over as soon as you insert a vst..ffs

I wouldn't mind but it's loads of vst's.. not just the 32 bridged sort.

I would tell them directly but the doughnuts haven't answered any emails I've sent them in a long time. (and yep I am a registered customer)

hows that for objective ;-)

post edited by Fog - 2011/02/08 20:10:11
    Supercomposer
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 20:08:44 (permalink)
    ...wicked

Supercomposer

I'm not making fun of him, it's a legitimate comment. The Caps Lock key does not discriminate between race or creed or religion or language. 

Of course, I'm completely unsurprised that you are drawn to his cause and righteousness.

sorry I did not turn my /Ironic Mode on and /off on my last post!!

of course CAPS LOCK SUCKS; I HATE IT!
    He should be banned!!

ME is the Supercomposer, and all your base are belong to us (Yes, I mean Germany)

System Spec: CPU 2x X7560 Xeon 16-Core, 48 GIG Ram Kingston, Intel with Supermicro Workstation MP Boards, RME HDSPe, PNY Quadro 6000
    Supercomposer
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 20:13:15 (permalink)
    Fog

Supercomposer

well next time your over at the other forum that you like to harp on about.. do me a favour.. tell them to fix their latest masterpiece (the one that comes with a lot of "trial ware" ).. I got it the other week, and it falls over as soon as you insert a vst..ffs

I would tell them directly but the doughnuts haven't answered any emails I've sent them in a long time. (and yep I am a registered customer)

ahem, what? Nothing falling here and the other forum /whichever you are referring to, I guess SB/ would be a more violent riot than in Egypt if such a simple thing like inserting VSTis would not work.
    It must be user error!

btw, to all the guitar rig or other amp sim users, some interesting info on the new SB included Amp Sim!
    I love it!!
    http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3647

Fog
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 20:22:31 (permalink)
    SB ,what are you on about soundblaster or sandy bridge?!?! am I a mind reader, you seem to think so ;-) .. no to both..

I wouldn't mind but even the scan for vst's on that crashes out... so yer user error, I have control over the EXE failing..lol ;-)

thanks , I do know how to insert a synth.. but I don't expect the host to cry off and hang / crash so badly with such a simple request

StarTekh
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2007
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 20:34:26 (permalink)
    Supercomposer

Fog

Supercomposer

well next time your over at the other forum that you like to harp on about.. do me a favour.. tell them to fix their latest masterpiece (the one that comes with a lot of "trial ware" ).. I got it the other week, and it falls over as soon as you insert a vst..ffs

ahem, what? Nothing falling here and the other forum /whichever you are referring to, I guess SB/ would be a more violent riot than in Egypt if such a simple thing like inserting VSTis would not work.
    It must be user error!

btw, to all the guitar rig or other amp sim users, some interesting info on the new SB included Amp Sim!
    I love it!!
    http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3647

> I noted your system Build Supermicro.. others should
        consider that their running a workststion not a game
        box and that Supermicro is a top build when it comes
        to hard disk recording systems..16 cores 32 threads..

Stand-By for the Supermicro 1155 boards..
    Fog
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 21:53:01 (permalink)
    star.. you on  commission from them ? lol

but I couldn't take the OP as serious as I should .. 1.caps... 2.. sb card...  (yer I owned one in the past but it's 2011)

post edited by Fog - 2011/02/08 21:54:24
    Kroneborge
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1300
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/08 22:02:38 (permalink)
    I tried to read it really I did.  I couldn't make it through.

Mathew

Hip Hop
    http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=213418

BreakBeats
    http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=219099

i7 12 gb ram, Komplete 5, Izotope Ozone & Stutter, Symphonic Orchestra Plat.

carlosagm79
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 02:30:02 (permalink)
    I have two session, 1 for audio/midi workstation and another for Internet and everything else, so i have no Internet connection when Im working with Sonar so i cannot send a problem reporter(at least in the common way)
    Also I composed this ¨1rst post ever¨ in the notepad and with my big monitor and high resolution, so font size its very small, so I turn on caps(then I copy and paste), note that the title is in normal font, but...
    WHY I HAVE TO EXPLAIN ALL THIS????
    Its about solving problems or about stupid fonts???
    FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 11326
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 02:45:30 (permalink)
    You don't need your DAW connected to the internet to file a problem report. Go HERE and report it.
    carlosagm79
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 03:06:03 (permalink)
    Fog

star.. you on  commission from them ? lol

but I couldn't take the OP as serious as I should .. 1.caps... 2.. sb card...  (yer I owned one in the past but it's 2011)

Whats the problem with sounblaster? ( are you a robot that trends tell you what to do or not?) I have a TASCAM US-224 and a DIGI 002, and Ill never get rid of my Audigy Platinum, in fact have as many analog recording channel as the DIGI in 24 bits,also ASIO direct monitoring and hardware effects, but I just loved because the soundfont synth, 4 effects for MIDI channel , all kind of automation (filter, cutoff, envelopes, ect), its perfect for my large sf2 collection(and Im always adding more to the library by sampler converters), work tight with Sonar, no CPU load!, native support for SF2, so what sampler you have best for your libraries?, Kontakt, SFZ,Sampletank?, remember I pay 50 dls and its HARDWARE!, and also can sample like professionals do with Vienna and an audio editor...
    carlosagm79
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 03:07:27 (permalink)
    FastBikerBoy

You don't need your DAW connected to the internet to file a problem report. Go HERE and report it.

Thanks
    carlosagm79
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 05:34:09 (permalink)
    Fog

SB ,what are you on about soundblaster or sandy bridge?!?! am I a mind reader, you seem to think so ;-) .. no to both..

I wouldn't mind but even the scan for vst's on that crashes out... so yer user error, I have control over the EXE failing..lol ;-)

thanks , I do know how to insert a synth.. but I don't expect the host to cry off and hang / crash so badly with such a simple request

The best thing of the sound blaster... 0 LATENCY 
    DeveryH
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 780
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 07:11:23 (permalink)
    StarTekh

> I noted your system Build Supermicro.. others should
       consider that their running a workststion not a game
       box and that Supermicro is a top build when it comes
       to hard disk recording systems..16 cores 32 threads..

Stand-By for the Supermicro 1155 boards..

And remember, he's in a learjet above your head.  

post edited by spanky - 2011/02/09 07:14:26
    Fog
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 07:39:05 (permalink)
    carlosagm79

Whats the problem with sounblaster? ( are you a robot that trends tell you what to do or not?) I have a TASCAM US-224 and a DIGI 002, and Ill never get rid of my Audigy Platinum, in fact have as many analog recording channel as the DIGI in 24 bits,also ASIO direct monitoring and hardware effects, but I just loved because the soundfont synth, 4 effects for MIDI channel , all kind of automation (filter, cutoff, envelopes, ect), its perfect for my large sf2 collection(and Im always adding more to the library by sampler converters), work tight with Sonar, no CPU load!, native support for SF2, so what sampler you have best for your libraries?, Kontakt, SFZ,Sampletank?, remember I pay 50 dls and its HARDWARE!, and also can sample like professionals do with Vienna and an audio editor...

not really , as if you bothered to read what I wrote.. I did own one, and used it extensively from AWE32 (maxed out with 32 mb..) to an sb-live .. it's fine using it as a "midi module / hardware sampler" which is what your using it for.. but as for using it to record audio.. 2 things , fixed sample rate... and the converters.

SF2's still load into memory right ,  so is it the same as before ? your still using up that resource for EVERY tune regardless if you use that sound font or not.

so yes, I did own one.. it had it's use for a while.. but other options that don't sit on system ram are out there.. besides you can convert sf2's to sampler.. AND it won't eat the memory for all of it .. just the selected patch

post edited by Fog - 2011/02/09 07:42:06
    carlosagm79
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 21:31:39 (permalink)
    Fog

carlosagm79

not really , as if you bothered to read what I wrote.. I did own one, and used it extensively from AWE32 (maxed out with 32 mb..) to an sb-live .. it's fine using it as a "midi module / hardware sampler" which is what your using it for.. but as for using it to record audio.. 2 things , fixed sample rate... and the converters.

SF2's still load into memory right ,  so is it the same as before ? your still using up that resource for EVERY tune regardless if you use that sound font or not.

so yes, I did own one.. it had it's use for a while.. but other options that don't sit on system ram are out there.. besides you can convert sf2's to sampler.. AND it won't eat the memory for all of it .. just the selected patch

http://cgmprods.webs.com/..kebox_files/Peligro.mp3
    http://cgmprods.webs.com/...0Queen%20-%20Saxum.mp3

Check those links, all done with an Audigy plaitnum in Cuba a few years ago, (and not the Platinum EX, which converters are betters(no resampling)).Thats not a big deal to me by them if is fixed to 48000 khz, sounds good enough, I cannot notice the difference with proper setup and correct mixing and mastering, compared to other more high end gear.I also used soundfont in those songs..people here in USA says like robots:¨muscian dont use soundblaster cards any more, bla,bla,bla...¨, but there no real reason because audigy keeps evolving and all the time have better features and converters etc, of course thy are harder to setup than a DIGI(but have hardware 0 latency effects) and seems like creative want to push the pro-musician market to the EMU side, what i know is that musician don't use 0 latency internal hardware samplers anymore , jajaja, and Im sorry for them...
    Fog
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 22:02:18 (permalink)
    Carlos, I'm not in the US and as I've stated .. I used to use them back in the day..

it's not SOLELY about using it as a sampler.. you don't bounce the stuff down to audio do you ? THEN it gets interesting and you notice the difference.. it makes it trickier to do stuff like sidechaining etc.

sure it has FX.. but fx that were on samplers back in the day , like the akai's etc.

yep I liked the instant access to the sounds, BUT you end up using the same sounds a LOT of the time AND it's chewing system ram , more of an issue if your on a laptop with a 2gb limit

carlosagm79
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 22:29:41 (permalink)
    Fog

Carlos, I'm not in the US and as I've stated .. I used to use them back in the day..

it's not SOLELY about using it as a sampler.. you don't bounce the stuff down to audio do you ? THEN it gets interesting and you notice the difference.. it makes it trickier to do stuff like sidechaining etc.

sure it has FX.. but fx that were on samplers back in the day , like the akai's etc.

yep I liked the instant access to the sounds, BUT you end up using the same sounds a LOT of the time AND it's chewing system ram , more of an issue if your on a laptop with a 2gb limit

Still, don't see the objetive point to consider me¨not serious¨ for using sounblaster Audigy card, you have to capture the  sound like in any other external hardware synth or sampler, its about workflow, the RAM consumption its the same or less than the majority of vst soft sampler out there, I told you I can use libraries from Kontakt, Akai, GIG, whatever , and the FX are good enough for monitoring, also Creative its not a ¨back in the day¨era product, see :

http://www.amazon.com/Cre...=1297308053&sr=8-1

And this is old, not and Audigy 4, not a Titanium XFi...the only problem is that Creative bought EMU, and thats they new pro front, but still great hardware(24 bits) sampler in the audigys...

giankap
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 387
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 22:32:16 (permalink)
    Finally, Someone figures out how to get through directly to the CW developers. All CAPS. Who'd a thunk?

ahahahahahahahah you rock!!!

sincerely,

Ioannis

Windows - some Dual Core CPU - a little bit of RAM - not so bad soundcard - i think it's called Sonar - a silver mixer with colorful knobs - black speaker monitors - my ears

some work
    Thugonyx@aol.com
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 129
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 23:21:24 (permalink)
    I'm not going to complain anymore about X1. I'm waiting for X1b..for what it's worth. That list of fixes is only telling me that in X1's present state I'm going to run into most if not all of those bugs one time or another as opposed to chillin back and making  music in good old 8.5.3. Why bang your head up against a hot a** oven when it's clear that the bakers are in the kitchen re-baking the cake because the first one fell crazy flat?  Let it go Carlos....now go make some music. The Ides of March are almost Upon us!
    rbowser
    Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6518
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/09 23:25:27 (permalink)
    ---a judicious use of the Enter/Return key also helps in making text readable.

RB

Sonar X3e Studio
    Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
    Alesis i|O2 interface
    Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
    8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    with dual monitors
    chuckebaby
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 01:12:50 (permalink)
    i read like two sentences of this post and then it turned into ra,ra,ra,,,,
    caps,make me feel like someone is yelling at me.
    brundlefly
    • Total Posts : 14250
    Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 02:05:56 (permalink)

-I NEVER UNDERSTAND, WHY IF IM WORKING WITH A MIDI TRACK, LETS SAY CHANNEL NUMBER 7 , THE VOLUME ENVELOPE THATS APPEAR BY DEFAULT IS CHANNEL 1?? NOW ITS NOT BETTER, WHEN I SELECT EDIT AUTOMATION ,VOLUME OR WHATEVER, BY DEFAULT ALWAYS SAYS CHANNEL 1, THE FUNNY THING, ITS WORK ON THE REAL CHANNEL

It works with the "real" channel, because what you're talking about is setting a "forced" MIDI output channel that makes everything in that track, including notes and controllers go out with the specified channel assignment, regardless of what channel is embedded in the MIDI events themselves. Your notes probably aren't actually on channel 7 unless you deliberately recorded them that way or changed them after the fact, in which case you wouldn;t need a force output channel. If it really matters, you can select MIDI in the Envelope dropdown, and choose the controller and channel you want, but why would you care what channel your envelope data are on if you're using a forced output channel, anyway?

I'm with you on the inefficient display of info and controls in the track header. changing to non-segmented meters will help some.

What's a "DISPLACEMENT BAR"?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1