midi delay

Author
korey711
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2009/03/25 01:46:39 (permalink)

midi delay

When I hit the key on my keyboard it takes about a half of a second to come out of my speakers so I cant really make a beat cause the timing is off,I tried messing with the latency but its not really doing anything.Can someone please help me,im desparate to make some music!!!!

Lets make music!!!

3 Replies Related Threads

Wood67
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1348
    RE: midi delay 2009/03/25 08:12:36 (permalink)
    I'm afraid latency is your problem here Korey. And it's probably caused by the soundcard more than anything else. Can you let us know your pc setup including soundcard? If you are using the onboard Realtek chip which is bundled with a lot of systems that's going to be an issue. You can deploy ASIO4ALL drivers which might make some difference. I picked up a cheap SB Audigy PCI card which I still use (with ASIO4ALL) and get reasonable results. There's a latency delay but I can cope with it for recording and then edit the midi afterwards. For not much more you can get a 'proper' card such as recomended on Beagle's site. I would have one of those now if I hadn't been bitten by the VW Bug just before yule! Now I'm dreaming about valve clearances and waxoyl underseal...

Wood

Wood

Studio One 3 Pro, (Sonar Platinum), Intel i7, Win10 Pro, 32Gb ram, RME Babyface Pro, Behringer X-Touch, Presonus Faderport, Akai MPK49, Arturia KeyLab25, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, and other sonic surprises.
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: midi delay 2009/03/25 09:44:13 (permalink)
    Right. The latency with the onboard sound card while using soft synths is A. Just something you have to live with, or B. Something you can fix by getting a better, faster audio/MIDI interface.
    Do you have a keyboard that makes sounds (not a MIDI controller)? If so, you can listen to the keyboard instead of monitoring MC with the computer speakers. In the MIDI track, just don't insert a soft synth and set the output to your MIDI device. I did it this way for years.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: midi delay 2009/03/25 10:28:30 (permalink)
    Korey... ditto... you can probably mess with the latency settings a bit..and maybe get it down.... but the real solution is a better soundcard..... check Beagle's site for some suggestions.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1