midi splitter

Author
Bob Abrams
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 72
2006/03/22 13:05:33 (permalink)

midi splitter

I have a stick bass with a midi bridge. The manufacturer suggest tht I purchase a midi splitter, and I need to know exactly why this is important as I add midi tracts to the audio tracks in Sonar 4. Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: midi splitter 2006/03/22 14:00:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Bob Abrams

I have a stick bass with a midi bridge. The manufacturer suggest tht I purchase a midi splitter, and I need to know exactly why this is important as I add midi tracts to the audio tracks in Sonar 4. Thanks

I don't think you will need one unless you have a box of some kind that it connects to that makes sounds that you would want to monitor. In Sonar you can even echo midi from the midi input to the midi output if of your midi interface so that is also a way to get an extra sound module connected if needed. A midi splitter is only needed if you need to drive two sound modules and none of your modules have a midi THRU output.
    Bob Abrams
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 72
    RE: midi splitter 2006/03/22 20:10:48 (permalink)
    Thanks, Frank. The MIDI-equipped stick bass came with an
    AX-SB 100 unit, and I have not been able to fatham just how it works. Next month we are moving out of the hurricane-prone Florida to upstate NY. and I will try again to get a working system, and will no doubt be making some inquires at this Cakewalk fabulous Forum. Meantime the digital audio set up is working famously. (Digimax 8-channel pre-amp/MOTU 828MKII/Windows).
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1