midi to audio?

Author
humbug7
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/07/29 02:41:37 (permalink)

midi to audio?

I read the tutorial/instructions on how to convert MIDI tracks to audio (instructions provided in 'Music Creator 3: getting started' booklet), and don't understand. The instructions say that I have to record the midi tracks to get them to be audio tracks? As in, hook up my microphone and record the midi tracks that come out of my computer speakers back into Music Creator as audio? Because that would surely destroy the sound quality, and the piece that I am trying to convert is about 10 minutes long, and it is difficult to get 10 minutes of solid silence at my house to record. Is there an easier way? All I'd like to do is convert midi to audio so that I can burn CDs of my music.
Thanks for any help!!!

2 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: midi to audio? 2006/07/29 08:06:17 (permalink)
    well, first of all, using that method doesn't mean you have to have silence at the house. that method just has you routing the output of the sound card directly to the input of the sound card using cable - no microphone needed (and that would definately add noise and other unwanted factors).

secondly, it's not necessary for a finished product. after you've finished all 8 tutorials they'll tell you about mixing down your MIDI tracks to an audio track.

do a search in your help files "converting midi to audio". there are two entries that talk about it. the first one is part of tutorial #4.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    teak
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: midi to audio? 2006/07/29 20:44:20 (permalink)
    One of the things you can do is check the Jacks, if using a 1/8-1/4 jack, or even the line in.
    My old mikes hummlike crazy, try another Mike with no embellishments or connections.

Also, see how power supplies opperate +.

Tesk
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1