midi track mute automation

Author
johnnyxtheman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2018/10/25 11:05:54 (permalink)

midi track mute automation

i found out something wile trying again to automate the midi  MUTE on and off (for live playback to switch to other instrument), and it only umutes with automation but not mute it.
so this narrows down the problem.
also when i stop the time ruler in the MUTED automation section envelop, than it mutes it and is does work !! .
so this means that it works on stop playing !! only not on automation.
when pressing space bar again to further playback than it umutes it normally according to the envelop until the next MUTE ENVELOP where it failed again on playback.
so if this is fixed i would be very happy.

DAW: SONAR PLATINUM .
Pc: i7 4gb / 16gb crosshair ram / asus maximus Furmula Z87 / using onboard soundcard Realteck / midi interface UM-3 EDITROL ( no latency) / 1e monitor Lg,  2e monitor samsung both 27" / logitec bluethoot mouse keyboard / midi keyboard CASIO WK1800 .

6 Replies Related Threads

soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: midi track mute automation 2018/10/27 20:42:27 (permalink)
    Are the instruments on the same track? If not, try using Track Volume Automation as a work around.
    johnnyxtheman
    Re: midi track mute automation 2018/10/31 12:35:48 (permalink)
    hi thks for your reply.

that's is not an option, because when the instrument needs for sound to fade out, wile same tine i start playing an other instrument . than both instruments sound as long the fader of the just played instrument is not down yet.
    plus that if i do this automated, than all instruments need to playing audio .
    if i automate the midi fader than audio of the instrument also gets silenced to ??
    whitish is strange ... why does a midi track fader influense the instr track sound and not the midi only ?
    and can i change this .. that would be 1 option that could work !
     otherwise ... than i   really need midi mute !

Pc: i7 4gb / 16gb crosshair ram / asus maximus Furmula Z87 / using onboard soundcard Realteck / midi interface UM-3 EDITROL ( no latency) / 1e monitor Lg,  2e monitor samsung both 27" / logitec bluethoot mouse keyboard / midi keyboard CASIO WK1800 .

msmcleod
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 920
    Re: midi track mute automation 2018/10/31 14:16:50 (permalink)
    johnnyxtheman
    hi thks for your reply.

that's is not an option, because when the instrument needs for sound to fade out, wile same tine i start playing an other instrument . than both instruments sound as long the fader of the just played instrument is not down yet.
    plus that if i do this automated, than all instruments need to playing audio .
    if i automate the midi fader than audio of the instrument also gets silenced to ??
    whitish is strange ... why does a midi track fader influense the instr track sound and not the midi only ?
    and can i change this .. that would be 1 option that could work !
     otherwise ... than i   really need midi mute !

Roland synths used to have that behaviour with volume (CC 7)

You could get around it by using expression (CC 11), which would alter the volume while the sound was still playing.

I'm not sure if this would work on your setup, but try setting CC 11 to 0 for mute, and 127 for normal volume.

Mark McLeod
    Cakewalk by BL | ASUS P8B75-V, Intel I5 3570 16GB RAM Win 10 64 + Win 7 64/32 SSD HD's, Scarlett 18i20 / 6i6 | ASUS ROG GL552VW 16GB RAM Win 10 64 SSD HD's, Scarlett 2i2 | Behringer Truth B2030A / Edirol MA-5A | Mackie MCU + C4 + XT | 2 x BCF2000, Korg NanoKontrol Studio
    johnnyxtheman
    Re: midi track mute automation 2018/11/03 05:35:54 (permalink)
    it still means i need to press a key to use it and i want it automated in sonar, so i can play without to  press that key, and if i use this for instance 3 solo instruments, than i need to do this for all separately, so  no option here but thanks for coming up for a work around !

if one fader, knop, button can be automated than all fader knobs, buttons can be automated... they just forgot  to thinks about the midi track mute button, and i don't understand why they start with switch to automated mute. but did not finish it to work properly ??
    and seems to be al owners of sonar have that problem so its not me.

soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: midi track mute automation 2018/11/04 06:51:10 (permalink)
    I may misunderstand but if you are using MIDI tracks to play soft synths or outboard gear you can use cc's on those tracks the same way as automation to control most any parameter you need. And YES, if you cut the volume or mute a MIDI track it silences it's vst (unless another MIDI track is also assigned to it) as there's no data being fed to it.

Volume automation can work like muting if you draw the envelope with sharp 90 deg. lines to -0- where you want it to go silent. Or they can slope for fade-ins and outs.
    man910
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: midi track mute automation 2018/11/14 14:29:48 (permalink)
    I've been having the exact problem but with audio automation.  It works but if I start editing it, it doesn't automate in real time unless I click that section of the envelope.  Then the fader value changes.  But if I have the envelope as a fadeout, then it just gets stuck at whatever the last setting was.  Albeit inconvenient, I found a workaround by closing out the project and then opening it up again.  Then the automation works as long as I don't edit it.

This used to work without any issues.  I wonder if it's due to the most recent update (v24.09.0.29).  Prior to updating, I was experimenting with scenes and noticed that it wasn't recalling my settings when I switched from scene to scene.  The update fixed that issue, but then now I'm having this worse issue.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1