music creator 4 and windows 7

Author
gtr1963
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27
2010/09/30 22:46:55 (permalink)

music creator 4 and windows 7

I tried to do a search for this topic but the search feature kept running endlessly so I will post this..I don't know if it's been asked before. I have a new windows 7 system and installed my Music Creator 4 on it. I could not get any sound and I got a message saying the driver was incompatible with the system.

Bottom line. Do I need Music creator 5 since I have a windows 7 system??

Thanks,
Andy

5 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:music creator 4 and windows 7 2010/09/30 23:17:29 (permalink)
    First, is it a 64-bit or 32-bit OS?
    Second, what driver is incompatible? The exact text of the message could help.
    Lastly, you can try right-clicking the MC 4 icon, go to Properties>Compatibility and set it to run in compatibility with XP, Vista, whichever you're familiar with, at 32-bit. Do the same for the executable file in Start>All Programs>Cakewalk MC 4.
    See if that works.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    gtr1963
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re:music creator 4 and windows 7 2010/10/02 19:39:57 (permalink)
    ok..I have more info on my issue.. I have a new 64 bit windows 7 system. When I bring up cakewalk, I get the error message 'There are no audio drivers for the current driver model on your system. Go to options/ audio and choose a different driver model.'

I only have 3 options on the driver model:
     1) Speakers(Realtek High def)  current default
     2) Realtek digital output.
     3) Speakers(Sound Tap Recorder)

I do not have regular computer speakers on this computer but M-Audio studio monitors.

When I use option 1 from above, I get the error message "There are no audio drivers for the current driver model on your system."

When I use option 2-Realtek Digital output and option 3-Speakers sound tap recorder, I get the error message--"following drivers either do not support the current audio format or used by another application"

I have no other apps running when I start MC 4.

This exact setup-(monitors and MC 4)worked just fine on my old windows xp system.

I did do the 'right click' on the MC4 icon for compatibility  but my only options was Windows Vista(SP 1 and 2) and Windows Server 2008. 

I didn't see Windows xp listed as an option in the compatibility (which I need).

Any advice????

Thanks,
    Andy

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:music creator 4 and windows 7 2010/10/02 21:32:32 (permalink)
    I don't think MC4 works with W7. I tried to load it to my W7 computer and it would not work. 

I understand that you can set up a dual boot situation in W7 easily (don't ask me how it's done).... then load XP or Vista 32 into the other boot partition.

Boot up to XP and run MC4.

I just built a screamer and loaded XP as the OS....

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:music creator 4 and windows 7 2010/10/03 00:11:30 (permalink)
    Okay. You may not have the XP OS to downgrade to, but MC 4 was made for Vista, so try that at 32-bit, if that's an option. MC 4 will probably not work with any 64-bit OS.
    In MC, Options>Audio, change the driver mode to MME.
    Close and re-open MC. The Wave Profiler should then run.
    See if that works.
    The digital output in your list is probably the S/PDIF output.
    Frankly, since you already have the 64-bit computer, I think you should upgrade to SONAR Home Studio 7, which is 64-bit compatible. It's a little more money, but set-up should be easier than running MC 5 on a 64-bit OS.
    Plus it has more instruments and effects, and the ability to input more tracks simultaneously.
    If you already have a bunch of plug-ins, synths or effects, that only run on 32-bit systems, you may never be able to use them again.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:music creator 4 and windows 7 2010/10/03 14:17:33 (permalink)
    Greg..that 32 bit thing about the plugs and FX is the reason I loaded XP on my new DAW.... to much money invested in 32 bit software to have it all quit for 64 bits.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1