music creator can not find my vst instruments

Author
dredshred
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2015/01/21 19:31:02 (permalink)

music creator can not find my vst instruments

Have added all my vst folders but nothing appears in the vst instrument list and there is no support from cakewalk for music creator so i have no idea what the problem is

4 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: music creator can not find my vst instruments 2015/01/22 08:14:46 (permalink)
    Have you used the PLUG IN MANAGER to ADD them to the list?

You need to go into the plugin mgr and add them to the list.  I
    d have to open Sonar/MC to give the details exactly...... but it's a simple process of adding them.... you add the location and name of the DLL file....

THEN.... you run the SCAN PLUG INS process.... it takes a few seconds to complete..... varies depending on the length of the list and the the computer's speed.  Once that has completed, the new plugs and VST's should then appear in the appropriate midi or audio VST/Plugin lists.

I think the scan is set to run as a default on startup.... lots of folks shut it off since it's only needed to run when you add a new plug.  Shutting it off shortens the loading time of the DAW.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    dredshred
    Re: music creator can not find my vst instruments 2015/01/22 14:02:38 (permalink)
    Hi thanks for the reply but the problem is a little more complicated i have compounded it by not paying attention to the drive paths when installing the vst  folders and ended up with dll  files all over the place i started to collect them and put them into a folder under a steinberger name that had a lot of sub folders these appeared to be empty when opened but beneath these folders were all the .dll files  when pointing the plugin manager at the steinberger folder it only sees the empty folders and none of the .dll files  i am going to drop all of them into a new folder and see if the manager can see them
    dredshred
    Re: music creator can not find my vst instruments 2015/01/22 14:08:07 (permalink)
    Forgot to ask will music creator run 64bit vst i have NI complete 8 ultimate but all the .dll files are 64 bit plus my peavey revalver is 64 bit
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: music creator can not find my vst instruments 2015/01/22 14:20:45 (permalink)
    There is no reason to run 64bit plug-ins in a 32bit host unless the plug-in is available only as 64bit. In order to run 64bit VST plug-ins in a 32bit host requires a bridge. The only bridge I know of with this feature is jbridge. Generally speaking, it is better to run plug-ins without a bridge whenever possible. Very few plug-ins are shipped 64bit only. Install the 32bit version when available for MC. Both NI and Peavey ship 32bit and 64bit plug-ins.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1