music creator still having problems

Author
omegaman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2006/01/09 11:47:59 (permalink)

music creator still having problems

my problem is i cant enter any notes using the midi keyboard. ive got midi playback through the keyboard when i play a demo through the program. i click on piano scroll using the mouse and the sound outputs through the keyboard. ive gone through the options midi and selected the midi interface for in and out. gone through all the drivers in options audio.
when setting in the track ive clicked on out the midi device and in midi omni. armed the track for record press the record button the piano roll screen up metronome clicking press a note on the keyboard nothing yet i can place the mouse pointer over the scroll and notes are placed and played back through the keyboard.
i gone through the manual no help. my intentions where to set this up for my son for his GSCE he had recorded a piece towards his exam but the stupid teacher had lost the work when she erased her hard drive. this was back in november last year. today he told me he had recorded his second piece in school and he will be able to go on and record the first piece.
thank god. but i would still really like to set this up for him. all help would be gratefull recieved.
something else i would like to add is the icon on the bar which shows the midi input/output activity well the light flicks when it outputs and yet nothing when i input. could this mean there something wrong with the keyboard?
btw i am on my second midi interface
post edited by omegaman - 2006/01/09 12:22:55

1 Reply Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: music creator still having problems 2006/01/09 13:21:21 (permalink)
    1. make sure that the midi out cable from the keyboard goes to the Midi in jack on the computer and vice versa

2. make sure that the midi track you try to record to and the keybopard are set to the same midi channel

3. I should have mentioned this first, are you sure the midi keyboard is connected to the sound card? Some today use USB keyboards, just a thought.

4. what keyboard and what sound card?

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1