my big setup upgrade .. is this a good idea?

Author
mouglie
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
2007/11/20 12:50:28 (permalink)

my big setup upgrade .. is this a good idea?

ok .. so im posting it here cuz i feel like this forum has ppl who have been in the music buisness for some time and take music and production serriously .. and well ive liked the stuff ive read in the forums so far :) .. ..

ive read around for reviews and tried my best to find the products that suits my needs vs what i can afford ..

i have my setup in my living room of my apartment and dont own a studio or anything (well i do have a vocalbox build here with foam and stuff) .. .. but i still want the best audio quality i can get and an easy workflow .. .. cuz i use it a lot ..

ok so my setup now is as follows :

A singlecore 2.4 hz PC
m-audio delta 1010LT
Forcusrite Voice Master
t.bone SCT2000 mic
Line6 POD 2.0
Hagström guitar
Peavey Bass
Roland JP-8000 keyboard
a turntable and a little mixer
Telefunken TLX3 loudspeakers
AKG 240DF headphones

.. the thing about this setup is ... its getting kinda too old and i dont feel im gettin super quality out of it ..

so my shopping list for new setup goes like this:

SE ELECTRONICS Titan (mic)
SE ELECTRONICS SE 3A (mic)
PRESONUS ADL 600 (preamp)
TANNOY REVEAL AKTIV 8D x 2 (monitors)
LINE6 UX8 (audiointerface)
DUNLOP HEIL TALK BOX (effect box)
Computer intel quadcore 2.4 ghz 4gb ram and low noise stuff
new flat screen for computer
A 2-hand keyboard (synth)

so does have anybody anything horribly bad to say about any piece of gear listed here .. or maybe could see a problem in putting them together .. or well just good advices or comments would be appriciated .. :)

your special ... like everyone else

3 Replies Related Threads

KenJr
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 742
    RE: my big setup upgrade .. is this a good idea? 2007/11/20 14:56:18 (permalink)
    You didn't say what your budget was?

That's kinda important if you want some folks to make recommendations.

My Gear/Studio Pics
    My Music

<--Yes, that's a Paul Reed Smith acoustic...and I want one!!
    themidiroom
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1170
    RE: my big setup upgrade .. is this a good idea? 2007/11/20 15:56:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: KenJr

You didn't say what your budget was?

That's kinda important if you want some folks to make recommendations.

Yes, budget is important. I think it's also important to determine exactly what you want out of your setup before going out and buying more gear.

The MIDI Room
    We Make You Sound Great!
    http://www.themidiroom.com

Pro Tools HD
    Sonar Producer Edition
    Wavelab
    mouglie
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 28
    RE: my big setup upgrade .. is this a good idea? 2007/11/20 17:11:01 (permalink)
    heh .. sorry .. my budget is 6.700 euro ... well i would prefer to keep it a bit under that but .. thats like the absolute max limit that i can afford ..

the thing i want to use my setup for is making hiphop music .. and recording rap .. .. so i need to record my guitar, bass and synth .. and vocals .... and i would like like 8 inputs in the audio interface so i dont have to mess about with pluggin stuff in and out all the time .. but i dont really need more then that .. and i dont mind mixing with software .. . so i dont really need something with faders on and stuff ..

my vocal booth is kinda big enough for me to sit in with my accoustic guitar too .. and so thats why i wanted to get two mics .. so i cold do some diffrent recordings .. and not just be limited to one mic .. .. and just to have an option to try out diffrent things once in a while ..

for EQs and compressors im very happy with the software plugins i have now .. the only problem is my computer is having trouble handeling it all .. so thats why i wanted a new computer so it wont be a problem .. ..

hope this gives a bit better idea of what i want :)

your special ... like everyone else
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1