my first recording software! HomeStudio XL?

Author
Hans Jürgen
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 39
2006/01/09 11:45:01 (permalink)

my first recording software! HomeStudio XL?

Hello Board

My first recording software

I´m a german musician and I appreciate this site very much.. I am looking for an easy to use recording tool. My goal is to produce a very good demo quality wih a minimum on time and learning a software. But – of course after time you are more skilled and so the software should than not to be at ist end.
It seems that HomeStudio XL is the right one plus it´s a good inspirAation tool, many sounds and loops?
Of course as more a product provides as more must I learn, but if I do things aside and start with midifiles and additional audio recording like Akkordion, e-and akk- Guitars, Vocals – is it easy or complicate?

I`ve already read a lot hear, but have not a clear idea yet, depending on a lack of knowledge and english language skills.
I hope for as many ideas and fews as possible here and from many differend users.
I have some basic midi-knowledge, but audio - with loops and so on is new for me. (perhaps some basic knowledge for me or a link to read?)
I need good drum and bass sounds (and grooves) from the software/plugin. I´m also lookiing for good and interesting sythesizer sounds to find new inspiration for my music.
I need realistic sounds as trumpet, horns and so on. Perhaps orchestral sound to (like vienna . . )
I´m not good in tweaking good sounds – I need good sounds from the softsynth´s strait away.
In general: If I achive good demo quality results at the first place, it would be good.

Other products I read about are Project5, Music Creator pro, and from other manufacturer Ableton Live, or Mackie Tracktion2.
For excample: If one of the mentioned programs is MUCH easier and a LITTLE less powerful, I would choose this one. If they have more or less the same ease of use and one is the most powerful, I would prefer this one

I placed a similar post in P5 and musiccreator pro.

Thank´s a lot in advance!

Best regards

Hans from Germany

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: my first recording software! HomeStudio XL? 2006/01/09 14:42:20 (permalink)
    SONAR Home Studio is my favorite of the HS series. It has a nice clean look.

But from what you say you want to do I would suggest P5. It comes with a lot with loops and grooves (audio and midi), which you don't seem to need, but there are a lot of good base rhythm sounds there. It will record 2 audio tracks, which seems to be all you need. Finally, it comes with the Dimension softsynth, which is a first class sampler synth. You seem to be looking for preset acoustic sounds, which it has. You can also upgrade from P5 and get Dimension Pro, which has even more sounds on DVD, including Pocket Gragettian Orchestra. It comes with other synths, too, and so is almost a complete package. If you are not wed to a DAW, P5 is pretty easy to understand. It works a little different than other DAWs, but is a great program.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Hans Jürgen
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 39
    RE: my first recording software! HomeStudio XL? 2006/01/10 12:34:23 (permalink)
    Thank you AT

I´ve read so much, but didn´t know that P5 has just 2 audio tracks? I must have a look, perhaps P5 V2 has more!
    What do you think about Sonar HomeStudio and DemisionPRO? Where to buy Dimensionpro and how much bugs is this?

Hans Jürgen
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1