new member; midi idiot

Author
phatti22
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/06/12 03:29:09 (permalink)

new member; midi idiot

i got home studio xl not long ago and am setup with a m-audio midi controller with a m-audio audiophile interface with plans to use soft synths for backing for guitar based stuff. i'm new to midi and have been struggling a little. in particular, i can't figure out how to get a midi tone for the metronome. i'm sure its not hard, but the answer is eluding me. also, i haven't been able to use the drum map manager at all. help please! i really can learn. thanks

1 Reply Related Threads

boten
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: new member; midi idiot 2005/06/12 07:33:07 (permalink)
    The m-audio audiophile is just an audio interface and thus does not have a built-in synth, meaning you will not be able to operate the metronome with that device. You need a different card which has built in synth to operate the metronome, and if we do not have one, then you can copy paste several measures corresponding to the desired beats per measure and beat value and use one of the soft synths available in H Studio to play some of the drum elements as a metronome.
    The drum map manager requires you define midi ouput devices (either soft or hard synths) to play the drum sounds.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1