new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool!

Author
Rooey
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 91
2006/12/05 05:48:47 (permalink)

new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool!

Incase you're not aware yet, reFX have finally released new NEXUS synth - a ROMpler for dance sounds and the audio demos are pretty impressive. Be nice along side Rapture and Dimension Pro methinks?!!

14 Replies Related Threads

Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/05 13:56:17 (permalink)
    I use Slayer 2, but never heard of this. The "dance" thing is not sounding very promising to me, but I may check it out. Too bad you didn't put the link up though.
    Rooey
    • Total Posts : 91
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/05 16:11:57 (permalink)
    Link? Yes sorry, I'm not too hot on the ins and outs of links/pc stuff, I just rely on typing reFX in Google! A bit plankton-ish I confess but I shall learn! Must say if you don't mind me saying, you look like a cool Bjork - and she's very cool from the off! :-)
    ATS
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 877
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 00:46:47 (permalink)
    only problem for me is it cost $300
    MusicMaker5
    • Total Posts : 67
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 11:35:08 (permalink)
    The link for Nexus . . .

Nexus

Take a listen to the demos. A lot of trance, ambient and something that are very different.

Daniel

See me at http://www.danielnevels.com

Hear my music at http://www.ShofarMusic.Com
    B.M.M, BA Music, CEA
    Frank@ProSounds
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 11:52:10 (permalink)
    I have to say, while it does seem at first of limited capability, and a bit expensive, the sound demos are absolutley fantastic. If you're a dance/club/trance producer, I really think this synth will provide an excellent investment, as all the sounds I've heard are more than trackworthy (think I just made that word up :P ). reFX and Vengence really did an excellent job on the sampleset. Just my 2 cents.

Peace
    mintakaX
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 128
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 12:50:48 (permalink)
    I'm really quite a novice at music making so please excuse me if I am stepping outside of my realm by adding my opinion...
    I thought the sounds were great but I was very dissapointed in the songs, especially for dance/club/trance production. I listened to two of the three demo songs, Dance Vol 1 and House Vol1. Not the kind of music that I'd expect to hear in a club at all. Did I miss something ?

Dan

jcpzero
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 216
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 13:22:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: mintakaX

I'm really quite a novice at music making so please excuse me if I am stepping outside of my realm by adding my opinion...
    I thought the sounds were great but I was very dissapointed in the songs, especially for dance/club/trance production. I listened to two of the three demo songs, Dance Vol 1 and House Vol1. Not the kind of music that I'd expect to hear in a club at all. Did I miss something ?

Dan

I don't know that I would call them songs. There were audio demos of the patches/sounds. I think the point of the audio demo was to see what the quality and range of the patches. In otherwords, just one sound layer of a song.

I personally like the sound quality and look forward to a demo. I am concerned about the price and high price for the expansions. If it were like Dimention Pro which is allowing exansion downloads for free, I would be more interested.

I am on this board looking for more info on Dimention Pro, as that may be a better platform for me to spent my limited $.

JCPZero

post edited by jcpzero - 2006/12/06 13:41:06
    mintakaX
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 128
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 13:48:46 (permalink)
    I see your point here. If you know what kind of sound you're looking for, the actual song doesnt matter. For someone like me who isnt very experienced (probably not their normal customer), genre specific examples are very helpful in sorting things out.
    jcpzero
    • Total Posts : 216
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 15:52:10 (permalink)
    MintakaX:

I am a home hobbyist and consider myself an amature, so I just try to have fun creating music.

I like the ability to use several different soft synths within one song. Trying to get away from the day when I only had one hardware synth and all the layers sounded too similar.

I have the Z3TA+ and Korg Digital Collection (Wavestation/M1). I have been using the Sonar included TT-1 for more general sounds. I'm looking to upgrade from the sound quality of the TT-1, so the Nexus and Dimention Pro are my current considerations. Also with the positive comments on rapture I'll have to research it too.

Only so much time and so much $!

JCPZero

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 17:05:39 (permalink)
    JCPZero: Personally, I would choose Dim Pro or Rapture before Nexus, purely due to the amount of manipulation that you can do to the included sounds...factor in the extra cost of the expansion packs for Nexus (and the cost of skins too) and Nexus seems even less attractive. I own Vanguard and Plasticz by ReFX, which are good synths, but I think they may have messed up with this one...time will tell.

Frank: For the sort of money that is being asked, you could purchase Vanguard and a number of the available preset addon banks and get an equally good product for trance/dance style, but also get a far more versatile plugin at the same time...
    dougsyo
    • Total Posts : 209
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 19:49:12 (permalink)
    DimPro has a solid track record, commercial and free aftermarket products (Nexus expansions can only be purchased from the vendor), and a good head start. If I hadn't already bought DimPro (heck, I bought P5V1 just to get P5V2 free to get the original Dimension), I'd probably buy it over Nexus now, at least for my needs.

Your mileage may vary.

Doug
    post edited by dougsyo - 2006/12/06 20:06:40

Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad.
    For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm
    Frank@ProSounds
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 22:56:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: xylyx

JCPZero: Personally, I would choose Dim Pro or Rapture before Nexus, purely due to the amount of manipulation that you can do to the included sounds...factor in the extra cost of the expansion packs for Nexus (and the cost of skins too) and Nexus seems even less attractive. I own Vanguard and Plasticz by ReFX, which are good synths, but I think they may have messed up with this one...time will tell.

Frank: For the sort of money that is being asked, you could purchase Vanguard and a number of the available preset addon banks and get an equally good product for trance/dance style, but also get a far more versatile plugin at the same time...

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the differences. I'm just saying that I've heard Nexus take a lot of flack on the forums in other communities, and there is a bit to speculate about...but after hearing the initial mp3 demos, I did think the sounds were of a very good quality. Trust me, I won't be buying it, but more because I could get something with the money that I can tweak the hell out of, not because it doesn't sound good. I agree that Dimension and/or Rapture are excellent choices (obviously ), I just think that there are people out there who don't want the deep synthesis options at all, and just want to compose their trance/dance tracks with the sounds they hear on the charts.

hehe, not trying to start a fight.... :P and yes, to JCPzero: Dimension Pro is an excellent choice....loads of great samples come with it, even more presets, and 2 free expansion packs of equal/greater quality. Excellent synth if you want a variety of sounds, and a variety of synthesis options. Highly recommended.

Peace
    ATS
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 877
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/06 23:49:55 (permalink)
    honestly if you already have z3ta+ check out these presets if you want trance/dance sounds ... these are ALLOT like the sounds Nexus makes and they will only cost you $40 US The link is http://www.sound-ideology.com/ they also a great FREE bank for Discovery which is also a bunch of great trance and dance sounds. I honestly couldn't be happier with both banks. The Z3ta+ banks are 5 full banks as well. Seriously, check them out before you spend like $300.
    three_eyed_otter
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2642
    RE: new reFX NEXUS audio demos sound cool! 2006/12/11 22:11:36 (permalink)
    I think Nexus sounds great but to me the price is uncalled for even though alot of the work is done for you. This is the same reason I have never broke down and bought Atmosphere--when the instrument prices start rivaling the sequencer prices I get "menu shock".

have a good one
    3Eo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1