new sound card.. strange problem

Author
voice
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 99
2005/06/18 18:32:01 (permalink)

new sound card.. strange problem

hey... I just upgraded my sound card to an emu 0404, had some problems at first but now it is working fine... or so I thought..lol... the settings on the card are such asio left, asio right, stereo asio left, stereo asio right and so forth. When I play the song with the individual tracks in Gtpro, it sounds the way it should.. but if I burn it down to mp3 and play it, the drums are really soft. So, checked and I had it set for that track to stereo asio left, so, thinking that was the problem, I copied the drums to another track, had one track set up for asio left, and the other asio right figured this would solve the problem........ NOT, drums are still soft, when mixed down. I have the same track setups on the guitars, and they are ok.. .what am I missing here?

When all is gone, one voice will come forth.

5 Replies Related Threads

voice
    RE: new sound card.. strange problem 2005/06/18 18:56:29 (permalink)
    disregard.. found the culprit.. my aux that had the reverb for the guitars was way to high.. which made the guitars louder in the mix, drowning out the drums...

LouTheBlueGuru
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: new sound card.. strange problem 2005/06/18 20:50:18 (permalink)
    I don't know if this strikes you as strange, but since the 0404 only has left and right mono inputs, what can stereo, left and stereo right mean!? I'm afraid I know. You can record to the left channel of a stereo track and then go back and record to the right channel but you can't do this to both simultaneously! This is the one thing I don't really like about my 0404.
    voice
    RE: new sound card.. strange problem 2005/06/18 20:51:34 (permalink)
    I hear ya.. but I can record both left and right at the same time, just have to set up the input for each track to do so...

LouTheBlueGuru
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: new sound card.. strange problem 2005/06/18 21:58:08 (permalink)
    I guess thats my point. You have to record them on separate tracks and then mix down to one track instead of just recording stereo on a single stereo track. It still works, but is not real handy. This is not an issue with other cards. Of course you can just leave them on separate tracks, but then you have to apply effects to both tracks instead of one unless you send them to a subgroup and then add effects. It just complicates things. That said, I think it is a really great home stusio professional level card at a budget price. I installed the latest drivers and supposedly can do 192khz. If you haven't installed them yet (and you probably have), then I suggest you do it, even though 192 khz is not of any real value.
    voice
    RE: new sound card.. strange problem 2005/06/18 22:20:10 (permalink)
    Budget is right. But even so, it is a major upgrade from what I did have, which was a motherboard hp sound card... had lots of trouble getting the sound just right, but with the emu, now I have no problems, what I set is what I hear. Am planning on building a computer around christmas time, just for recording and mixing, and will research for if not the best, then dang close to the best for audio, and everything else.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1