Helpful Replyno sound with recording & playback

Author
matt schmitt
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2018/04/03 08:07:26 (permalink)

no sound with recording & playback

Hi,
I am using a VS 100 as an interface between the keyboard & PC. The problem is there is no sound when recording or playing back through the mixer. The configuration I'm using is outputs of the keyboard to inputs of the mixer & mixer to speakers. The display on the mixer shows the channels are correct for both input & output & consistent with those used in recording. The problem only started when I shifted & computer was off for a short time. Would someone please be able to advise me as to whether my set up is correct or something has been muted on the mixer. If there is a setting which might need to be adjusted could someone also point me in that direction.
Thanks
SupaReels Music
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 370
Re: no sound with recording & playback 2018/04/16 15:28:00 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2018/05/29 18:42:40
+1 (1)
Sounds like a device manager problem / go to 'Device Manager' and check all is correct then go to 'Sound' and select the output to the mixer is ticked. Hope it helps
matt schmitt
Re: no sound with recording & playback 2018/04/25 05:00:05 (permalink)
Yip, certainly did the trick. 
Thanks for your advice.

matt schmitt
Re: no sound with recording & playback 2018/05/28 07:41:08 (permalink)
I seem to be having problems with a slight delay in sound when I play the keyboard through the mixer. Any ideas?
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: no sound with recording & playback 2018/05/28 13:24:11 (permalink)
The delay is caused by the buffering used to make a round trip from the keyboard through the DAW and out to the monitors keeping everything in sync.

There are two source for this delay under your control. The buffer settings for the audio interface and the plug-ins used in the project. If the keyboard is also the sound source it is possible to avoid both sources of delay by monitoring the keyboard directly from the mixer. If the keyboard is only sending MIDI data or the audio must be monitored through the DAW, the audio interface buffers and plug-ins will affect when the audio signal arrives at the monitors.

When running ASIO driver mode use the client supplied by the interface manufacturer to adjust the buffer setting. All other driver modes use the buffer size slider in the mixing latency section in Preferences > Audio > Driver Settings.

If there are plug-ins in the project, the DAW may add some Plug-in Delay Compensation to keep everything in sync. Plug-ins intended for mixing and mastering such as compressors, limiters and some reverbs are most often the reason a DAW adds PDC. To see if plug-ins are delaying audio toggle the FX button in the Mix Module. While reading about the Mix module, pay attention to the section about the PDC button. Live Input PDC Override may help too.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1