'nuther question about simple instrument tracks

Author
Janet
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8094
2011/04/05 16:22:13 (permalink)

'nuther question about simple instrument tracks

If this is not the right forum for this, just let me know. Or I'll ask in the CH.  :)

I just tried saving a project as a bundle file, but the synths did not get included.  I'm guessing it's because of the nature of instrument tracks, because I have to hit ctrl A to save it as an mp3, whereas I don't have to do that when I have separate midi and synth tracks.  Any ideas?  I'd like to get this bundle file to someone.  Thanks!
post edited by Janet - 2011/04/05 23:26:13

10 Replies Related Threads

jamesyoyo
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3460
    Re:'nuther question about instrument tracks 2011/04/05 17:44:42 (permalink)
    Did you bounce the synths prior to Bundling?
    dmbaer
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2585
    Re:'nuther question about instrument tracks 2011/04/05 18:37:43 (permalink)
    Janet

If this is not the right forum for this, just let me know. Or I'll ask in the CH.  :)

I just tried saving a project as a bundle file, but the synths did not get included.  I'm guessing it's because of the nature of instrument tracks, because I have to hit ctrl A to save it as an mp3, whereas I don't have to do that when I have separate midi and synth tracks.  Any ideas?  I'd like to get this bundle file to someone.  Thanks!

Janet, Janet, Janet ... a platinum member does not know that one should include information about the version of Sonar with which you're having issues?  I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!!

But seriously, I don't understand your question.  What is not being included?  Plugins (effects or synths) can be used by the project but that does not make them part of the project, if you see what I'm saying.  Do you mean the MIDI tracks that drives the synths are not being included in the bundle?
    Janet
    Re:'nuther question about instrument tracks 2011/04/05 18:49:34 (permalink)
    David you would be shocked at what this (twice) platinum member doesn't know!  lol  Actually, I used to have all that in my signature, but last time I changed it, it kept saying I had too many characters in my sig, so I gave up.  Anyway, it's 8.5 Studio.

I mean, the midi tracks show up, but if she wants to work with the bundle, she'll have to load all the instruments (EW) for it.  And that doesn't seem right, does it? 
    Janet
    Re:'nuther question about instrument tracks 2011/04/05 18:50:47 (permalink)
    Sorry, Jim...just saw your question.  No, I didn't.  Do I have to?  :(
    Middleman
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4397
    Re:'nuther question about instrument tracks 2011/04/05 20:30:59 (permalink)
    Janet, you can't pass synth instruments with the project because the other person may not have those synths and that could violate the software licensing for 3rd party software. You may be able to pass native synths in Sonar if the other person has the same version and the softsynth installed. I have not checked that out however.

What you should do prior to bundling, is bounce your synth tracks to audio or freeze them and copy them back into the project. That way you are passing the audio output and not the actual softsynth plug in instance in your bundle. Hope that was clear.

Gear: A bunch of stuff.
    Janet
    Re:'nuther question about instrument tracks 2011/04/05 20:44:55 (permalink)
    I thought I already answered this!  Oh well, I'll try again.... basically I haven't done this in awhile so maybe I'm not understanding what's included in a bundle file.  (I'll do some reading).  It looks like she'll have to load up the instrument tracks, and always ask me which instrument I used.  I was hoping that would be included in the project I sent her.  It's acting more like a .cwp file with just the midi tracks. 
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:'nuther question about instrument tracks 2011/04/06 08:08:14 (permalink)
    As has been pointed out.... it might be best to bounce the synth tracks to audio or freeze them.

That way the person getting the bundle has the benefit of hearing the synths. If they don't have the same synths, as has been pointed out, they will need to load their synths into the project and of course, if you're using EW and all that have is GPO, the sound quality will be quite different.

The only reason you would need to send a bundle would be if the other person is mixing and mastering the project. Then of course, they need the bundle... or at least the waves for the tracks. On a simple collab, mp3's are faster and work just as good to allow them to record tracks in their studio. Who ever mixes, needs the waves.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Janet
    Re:'nuther question about instrument tracks 2011/04/06 09:10:06 (permalink)
    Thanks Herb. Yeah, she has the same synths.  It's not a collab...she's trying to show me something with EW.
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:'nuther question about instrument tracks 2011/04/06 20:56:01 (permalink)
    since she has EW... her DAW should load the synths automatically

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Janet
    Re:'nuther question about instrument tracks 2011/04/06 20:57:22 (permalink)
    That's what I thought, but it's not happening. I believe it has something to do with simple instrument tracks.  I'm not sure MC5 has that capability.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1