"on the beat" echo/delay using Dimension Pro??

Author
finrod
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 215
2008/02/10 06:49:24 (permalink)

"on the beat" echo/delay using Dimension Pro??

Hi,

I recently bought Dimension Pro, and I haven't worked out all the features yet. Just want to know whether it is possible using either the delay FX or an envelope to have an echo play on the 2nd 3rd and 4th beats of a measure. For example, my song is in 4/4 time and I have a Dim Pro midi track which plays a chord on the 1st beat of each measure. I want the chord to echo on the 2nd beat, but softer, and on the 3rd beat even softer and then the 4th beat at the lowest volume/velocity. I would like the echoes to be in sync with the tempo of the song so if I change the tempo the echoes stay on the beat. So I am assuming this might be possible using either delay FX or some kind of envelope. Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: "on the beat" echo/delay using Dimension Pro?? 2008/02/10 07:22:53 (permalink)
    I recently bought Dimension Pro, and I haven't worked out all the features yet. Just want to know whether it is possible using either the delay FX or an envelope to have an echo play on the 2nd 3rd and 4th beats of a measure.
    Sure you can, in any number of ways. Most delay FX have a sync-to-tempo feature, and you only need to set it to a "one-beat" delay time. It's also possible to use a MIDI FX to create "echoes" of the actual MIDI notes.

By far, the easest way would be to do it within Dimension Pro itself. Click in the (insert) FX box, and select a delay type of effect. Adjust both the LEFT & RIGHT knobs to the same tempo division ("1" for a one-beat repetition). Dial up enough FEEDB to get 3 repeats (between 5-15%).
    finrod
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 215
    RE: "on the beat" echo/delay using Dimension Pro?? 2008/02/10 17:02:51 (permalink)
    thanks for the info b rock!! I am surprised how easy this was to do... I didn't realise that the L/R delay knobs were tempo-based, which makes it a snap. One thing though, I did have to dial up a bit more feedback (about 25%) to get 3 repeats at the volume I wanted. But this is probably because it is a slow tempo song.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1