Author
thegaltieribrothers
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 319

4 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:out to charm the world - closer to me 2012/05/19 11:39:00 (permalink)
    This is a fine song, for sure, but the individual elements of the song somehow don't quite blend together as one, imho.  It sounds like a number of separate parts thrown together but not quite cohering into a whole.  There are a number of reasons this could be ranging from the way you use f/x to a lack of glue, which a good compressor on the main outs could provide.  Overall, the mix had a two dimensional quality which means it lacked front to back depth.  Also, the dynamics were flat meaning that it didn't breathe much.  Finally, there wasn't much balance in the spectral range.  Everything was in the mid range level as far as frequencies go, but not much low or high end.  However, the performances were fine, and the song is good enough to get right.  Opinion may vary, but I hope you give this another try.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    groveendroad
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 809
    Re:out to charm the world - closer to me 2012/05/20 22:59:21 (permalink)
    This is good. I would like to hear the drums in the center. This a very catchy song, I hear it!!! Try adding about 10 to 20 on the BPM and find a bigger drum beat, that will drive the songs meaning and emotion. You have a good tune, lyric and a very good chorus. don't let this one get past any one, it's good. What part of the UK are you from? I'm listening again, and enjoying it.

Long live Rock
    Terry
    whack
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1188
    Re:out to charm the world - closer to me 2012/05/21 18:33:58 (permalink)
    Good tune which is probably the first important step.

The mix etc aint too bad either but I would,
    Bump up the bpm a tad,
    Change the snare sounds to give more crack (sound like a wood block to me) and many of the snare notes are lagging.
    The mix could do with some more dynamics, punch out the chorus a little more.
    Taper that last string sample off at the end plus reverb maybe, my attention was only really brought to the fakeness of the string when I heard that at the end!

Good stuff,

Cian

www.cmcgmusic.com

Melody and Meaning
    notnat
    Max Output Level: -23 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5236
    Re:out to charm the world - closer to me 2012/05/21 18:47:14 (permalink)
    nice enough song, but I'm hearing some clipping from something and the vocal sounds  too loud to me...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1