Author
thegaltieribrothers
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 319

3 Replies Related Threads

Purple Rhapsody
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    Re:out to charm the world - i love you 2012/07/14 07:13:01 (permalink)
    Quirky, catchy pop song. I really enjoyed it. There was something about the mix that didn't work for me but I can't put my finger on it. I think it might have been the 'brass' synth in the second half was a bit too harsh compared to the rest of the smooth sounding song...

Cheers,
    Terry.

Purple Rhapsody - emotions without words http://purplerhapsody.co.uk/
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:out to charm the world - i love you 2012/07/14 14:32:11 (permalink)
    I had to listen to this diamond in the rough twice to put my finger on what Terry was referring to about the mix.  It's not much, but I feel that the instruments and vocal aren't quite in the same space.  The mix, in general, seems a bit narrow to my ears, and this could easily be fixed by spreading things out in the stereo field to achieve a little more separation.  The volume of the lead vocal is about right for a pop song, and you could bring the rest of the instruments up in the mix a bit.  Lastly, the lyrics are good but in one part are phrased a bit awkwardly.  That is, one sentence sounds rushed, and I'll let you determine which one it is.  Yet, with a few adjustments, this could be a gem.  Best of luck to you.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    theguitarplayer
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3523
    Re:out to charm the world - i love you 2012/07/15 00:39:09 (permalink)
    I'm going to agree with Lynn, that is, panning each track out a bit so that each track has its own space in the mix, and don't be afraid to spread them all out, there is plenty of room. The vocals are just right, so when spreading things out, bring up their volumes to the right levels, as well. This is a great beginning for something even better. Nice song and good lyrics. Peace be with you. Blessings, John

Sonar X3 Studio, Acid Pro 7, Sound Forge Pro 9, Sonicfire Pro 5, Kinetic 2, Cinescore, HP Pavilion dv7, CORE i7, Q-740, 8gb Ram, Windows 7- 64 bit, 4 tb mem , Audiobox USB, Digitech GNX4, Gibson SG1 & SG3, Martin J65M, Washburn Custom Cumberland, 3 Marshall Amps, Casio 365 Keyboard, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32,  Behringer Truth Monitors, Garritan Aria, EWQLCC, Alloy 2, Ozone 6, Melodyne 

http://www.soundclick.com/JohnRKennedy
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1