perhaps MS OS GM GS midi synth playback engine, might cause external audio Device issues ?

Author
Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
2017/06/07 18:26:34 (permalink)

perhaps MS OS GM GS midi synth playback engine, might cause external audio Device issues ?

So anyone try defeating MS OS  midi playback features through external audio seperate device, and use a external midi sound source playback device...to see if it helps reduce audio driver loss, and freezes of the application Sonar plat?

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS

4 Replies Related Threads

Starise
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7563
    Re: perhaps MS OS GM GS midi synth playback engine, might cause external audio Device issu 2017/06/09 18:13:11 (permalink)
    I can't say I have Sir Les. Now that I know I doubt I will. 
    I haven't had any midi related problems yet. Are you using bluetooth?

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
    3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
    Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
     CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

Sir Les
    Re: perhaps MS OS GM GS midi synth playback engine, might cause external audio Device issu 2017/06/18 17:33:24 (permalink)
    No Starise, I do not use Blu tooth.

As I am just a pondering out why My PC's builds had issues with Audio with TB2...ans firewire , and win 10...with certain updates that came pushed down the pipe version win 10 16xx builds...After Calkwaked totted working closely with MIS and some audio thingy to give onboard chipsets low latency driver...Bla bla....

That put the tin hate on PC troubleshooting....

So as I ponder what caused it, before I try to rebuild the rma'd parts, and try new things to seek the cause...no stone left unturned?unturned should be all that may be tied to,,,,...asking if anyone might have issues with plug n instruments MS GM or GS soundbanks as default, or only sound source for midi playback, when using ASIO drivers of another audio interface unioned by the DAW.

Thanks for Chiming in.

Cheers

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
    2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re: perhaps MS OS GM GS midi synth playback engine, might cause external audio Device issu 2017/06/19 10:44:11 (permalink)
    If I set the MIDI driver to "UWP", my Behringer X-Touch and Frontier Tranzport (wireless control) do not work.  MIDI device problems have been reported by several people.

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    Sir Les
    Re: perhaps MS OS GM GS midi synth playback engine, might cause external audio Device issu 2017/06/22 15:55:54 (permalink)
    I think this sort of issue goes way back in time...

As ever since my employ with windows and audio with midi minded GS GM and  Yamaha XG being my Pref over the others...Just did not work proper, or ever was stable...with windows 95 a, b, c,98, 98se, xp kind of helped get things more stable with assignable IRQs and Boot selections, vista was a Joke, and win 7 made more head way with Acid Pro 7e but still when midi is used with audio, that seems to be where things go oddly freezing up, or crashing occurs...and then 8.1, and now 10a, b, and this new one to test....well round and round we go in circles...eh'??

And some Audio devices just do not like the pairing of....Seems could be a issue...oh wait, it is now becoming one with others....

Well that is progress,...long in waiting for....Perhaps other solutions liken using a soft synth instead of onboard MS solution...Might be a way.

I think Band in A Box if used..does offer another Sound bank soft synth...and or uses Band sound pools, And Sonar has VSTis that offer up sounds of standard instruments ...to use instead of.

But for those who just let things install as defaults of MS and Sonar...this MS GS GM thing may be part of the issues I believe still exist.

So troubleshooting...Might end soon now more are seeking out why it crashes or freezes....but always trusting Midi is so old, they must have sorted it out proper....being a stone left unturned it seems no more will be, if more chime in!

Hmmm....But, as this has come to the foaming top....While they now fiddle a way to fix it or try to....It may upset much already based upon?.

Hope with fingers crossed...Soon, stability and proper workings come out of the efforts.

Thanks all.

Cheers!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1