please help desperate.

Author
mrmannykeys
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2009/07/07 15:34:40 (permalink)

please help desperate.

why is it that when I record on track one every thing seems fine, but then I lay down another track and when I playback what I recorded on track one, sounds on track two also? I dont know what to do, can someone please help?

4 Replies Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: please help desperate. 2009/07/07 15:41:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mrmannykeys

why is it that when I record on track one every thing seems fine, but then I lay down another track and when I playback what I recorded on track one, sounds on track two also? I dont know what to do, can someone please help?

Open up the soundblaster control panel and in the record options uncheck "what you hear".
    mrmannykeys
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: please help desperate. 2009/07/07 15:43:49 (permalink)
    does that work with my guitar track pro? and do I have that sound blaster?
    ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: please help desperate. 2009/07/07 16:13:50 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mrmannykeys

does that work with my guitar track pro? and do I have that sound blaster?

Yes, the sound cards mixer is not part of Guitar Tracks Pro. Think of that control panel (mixer) as being between the sound cards input and the input you see and select in your software. It's a little software app that installs when your sound card driver is installed, you would have it even if you didn't have Guitar Tracks Pro installed.

Double click on the little speaker icon in the lower right corner of your screen and it will pop up. You may have to pull down the Options menu and select advanced controls to see everything. What you want to do is find the recording inputs. Make sure all of them are muted or turned all the way down except the one you are using. Also, if there is a checkbox to record "what you hear", uncheck that. The sound blaster brand is the most common one to have that feature but there may be other brands that do also.
    jcatena
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 404
    RE: please help desperate. 2009/07/07 16:15:19 (permalink)
    Open the input mixer app for your soundcard, whatever it is, and select the input you want to record (line in), instead of "what you hear", which records what you are actually hearing from the soundcard output (so it has the previusly recorded tracks mixed). This is the same Ohhey was saying.

Jose Catena
    DIGIWAVES, S.L.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1