please help me with FADE OUT songs

Author
jobbe
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 43
2012/06/23 11:06:16 (permalink)

please help me with FADE OUT songs

Hi  I have lots of midi songs  that will be nice if I could "fade out"   how to do that so all tracks fade out at the same time  (easy way)

2 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:please help me with FADE OUT songs 2012/06/26 07:07:19 (permalink)
    If you can make volume envelopes in Pro Audio, then put one in the Master Bus.
    If you are using the Wavetable synth, I'm not sure if it works, though.
    As rule, you should route all your tracks via Master Bus to the soundcard.

I haven't touched PA in twelve years, so maybe I don't remember all the factors included, especially because you don't mention which version you are using. Are we talking about a twenty years old version, from time when VST:s were not even invented??

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    Re:please help me with FADE OUT songs 2012/06/26 11:30:51 (permalink)
    Posting again -- the forum glitched.....

PA9 (the final version of PA) does not have volume envelopes (AFAIK).  It does support DX but not VST (there is a VST wrapper) but you can't get VSTi no matter what you do.
    Although not so easy if your projects have lots of midi tracks, in the Console view you can group the midi sliders, enable Record Automation (red dot in tool bar of console view), and then at the appropriate time drag one of the sliders down.  They will all go down together.

Seems like there should be an easier way....I'll think about it.

PS:  It would be good to identify what product you are using, along with the midi synths and soundcard setup.

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1