presonus fire studio

Author
Ciro988
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/09/27 06:58:11 (permalink)

presonus fire studio

Hello everyone
English sorry, I'm Italian and I'm using a translator.

I come to the problem
I have a Presonus FireStudio and I've always used with XP, I have never had problems
I am now using WIN7, and I can not configure it.
downloading the drivers from Presonus, when you install the card sees me,
But when I launch CONTROL PANEL UNIVERSAL crashes and does not start, but if I turn the card starts. for a moment you can also see the photo of my card in the panel.
I do not know if I explained well. I hope someone can help me.
Forum Italians do not speak for any part of this card, it seems that the only one to possess it.
expect answers, thank you all.   

I post also my own language, you never know.

ciao a tuttiscusate l'inglese, sono italiano e sto usando un traduttore.
vengo al problemaho una presonus firestudio, e l'ho sempre usata con XP, non mi ha mai dato problemiora sto usando WIN7, e non riesco a configurarla.scaricando i driver dal sito presonus, quando li installo la scheda me la vede,però quando lancio UNIVERSAL CONTROL PANEL si blocca e non parte, se però spengo la scheda si avvia. per un attimo si vede anche la foto della mia scheda nel pannello.non so se mi sono spiegato bene. spero che qualcuno può aiutarmi.nei forum italiani non si parla da nessuna parte di questa scheda, sembra che sono l'unico a possederla.aspetto risposte, grazie a tutti.

3 Replies Related Threads

Karyn
    Ma-Ma
    • Total Posts : 9200
    Re:presonus fire studio 2010/09/27 10:57:35 (permalink)
    Hi Ciro

The problem is the new win7 driver will not connect to the old firmware in your firestudio and the old driver will not run in Win7 to upgrade the firmware...

Solution.

Using your Win XP computer and the OLD XP drivers. If you do not have the old drivers, get them from http://firestudio.serveftp.net/ 

Start with driver version 3.0.1  or older.     Install it, perform UPDATE FIRMWARE function.  Un-install driver.
    Load next newest driver.  UPDATE FIRMWARE, remove driver.

Continue untill you have the newest firmware loaded in the Firestudio.

Conect Firestudio back into your Win7 computer, it should now work.

Edit to add:  Each driver version has its own firmware version that must be loaded into the firestudio.  The required firmware is built into each driver. Just load the new driver, find the update firmware function and use it.
    post edited by Karyn - 2010/09/27 11:02:25

Mekashi Futo
    Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
    Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Sonico
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 266
    Re:presonus fire studio 2010/09/27 13:04:33 (permalink)
    Karyn

Hi Ciro

The problem is the new win7 driver will not connect to the old firmware in your firestudio and the old driver will not run in Win7 to upgrade the firmware...

Solution.

Using your Win XP computer and the OLD XP drivers. If you do not have the old drivers, get them from http://firestudio.serveftp.net/ 

Start with driver version 3.0.1  or older.     Install it, perform UPDATE FIRMWARE function.  Un-install driver.
    Load next newest driver.  UPDATE FIRMWARE, remove driver.

Continue untill you have the newest firmware loaded in the Firestudio.

Conect Firestudio back into your Win7 computer, it should now work.

Edit to add:  Each driver version has its own firmware version that must be loaded into the firestudio.  The required firmware is built into each driver. Just load the new driver, find the update firmware function and use it.

+1

Desktop: Intel Core i7 3.60Ghz, 16 GB Ram Windows 10 64bit
    Laptop: Intel i5 2.3Ghz, 6GB Ram Windows 10 64bit
    Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
    Presonus Faderport
    My Music
    Ciro988
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:presonus fire studio 2010/10/02 09:06:32 (permalink)
    Hello karyn ...
    I followed your advice, everything went well.
    I thank you for the help.
    I hope that sometimes I can be of help ...
    hello thank you again.
    Ciao karyn...ho seguito il tuo consiglio, tutto è andato a buon fine.ti ringrazio per l'aiuto.spero che qualche volta posso essere anch'io d'aiuto...ciao grazie ancora.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1