pro channel keyboard shortcut [SOLVED - at least partially]

Author
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
2015/04/22 05:56:47 (permalink)
4.5 (2)

pro channel keyboard shortcut [SOLVED - at least partially]

A keyboard shortcut (or at least the possibility of one, even if not mapped by default) to toggle the pro channel view on and off for the current/active track in the inspector - and while we're at it, a separate one for the console view...

Edit (see below) - apparently I'm just too thick to have found these on my own, but they do exis. However, they are not searchable by function in the keyboard shortcuts dialog, and therefore as far as I can tell cannot be changed or re-bound to some other combination if one wanted to do so...

Also, the ctl-I for Pro Channel one only works for the inspector. Maybe there could be one for the active track in the Console view as well - could be useful...
post edited by subtlearts - 2015/04/22 14:25:49

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...

5 Replies Related Threads

stevec
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11546
    Re: pro channel keyboard shortcut 2015/04/22 09:32:28 (permalink)
    +2 (2)
    From: http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X3&language=3&help=Menus1.181.html

Show/hide ProChannel - CTRL+I

At least I'm guessing this is what you were looking for...?

SteveC
    https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
    Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
    Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

KPerry
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3120
    Re: pro channel keyboard shortcut 2015/04/22 11:15:25 (permalink)
    That seems to only works when Track Inspector is already open - which is OK most of the time, but a shortcut to open TI and PC in one go would be nice(r).
    subtlearts
    Re: pro channel keyboard shortcut 2015/04/22 12:47:00 (permalink)
    Wow! Ask and ye shall receive... Thanks! It works here with the inspector minimized, it pops open if it wasn't already. The only way you have to do it twice is if the inspector is not open and set to ProChannel, in which case you're toggling it off and then on again.

This is nowhere in the keyboard shortcuts dialog, at least not that I can find. Rather, if you happen to know it already and search by Locate Key, it's there, but if you search by function, it doesn't show up. This would appear to mean that it can't be bound to a different key combination if one wanted to customize it - it's hardwired to this combination. Not sure why that should be, but I guess I can live with it.

Hmm... Are there also unlisted bindings for clip properties and track properties? Why yes, there are: Shift-I and Ctl-Shift-I, respectively. Oddly, they behave slightly differently in that if the inspector is closed with either of them selected, they will toggle the properties dialog off while opening the inspector. Strange, and I'm not sure which behaviour I prefer, but I guess it would be better if they were consistent...

tobias tinker 
    music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
    tobiastinker.com
    aeosrecords.com
    soundfascination.com
    stevec
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11546
    Re: pro channel keyboard shortcut 2015/04/22 14:02:47 (permalink)
    Cool, glad that worked for you.    I personally never close the TI, just minimize it, so the various "I" combos are sorta second nature. 

SteveC
    https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
    Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
    Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

subtlearts
    Re: pro channel keyboard shortcut 2015/04/22 14:17:14 (permalink)
    I didn't know the Inspector *could* be closed - I also just minimize it. Can it be closed entirely? Not that I want to.

And yeah, I'm sure I'll get lots of use out of those too - I wish I'd known about them before now! Possibly if I were the kind of person to, you know, read a manual or something, but sadly no. Anyway, better late than never!
    I'll mark this partially solved and point out that they could be added to the keyboard shortcuts list in a more complete manner so they could be changed if one wanted to... not particularly high-priority, but for consistency's sake...

tobias tinker 
    tobiastinker.com
    aeosrecords.com
    soundfascination.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1