problems with metronome

Author
mr_bee33
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/10/09 16:21:26 (permalink)

problems with metronome

hey,

I cant seem to get my metronome working. I am using cakewalk pro audio 9 on XP. When i set the metronome setting to pc speaker it obviously is too quiet to hear. ANd i cant get anysound out of my real speakers. i only use my keyboard on cakewalk and have it hooked up to the computer through a 1/4 inch output cord adapted into my microphone port. can any1 please help?

2 Replies Related Threads

Lay In Wait
    Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1764
    RE: problems with metronome 2005/10/10 05:59:27 (permalink)
    Dunno bout the metronome prob, but u should hook yer keyboard into your line in rather than your mic input! Then u will need to double click your speaker icon on the task bar to open audio/options. Then select for recording. Now look for the fader that says line in or line level and adjust till u here sumthin! Hope that helps!
    Orion
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: problems with metronome 2005/10/11 20:47:46 (permalink)
    I had an issue similiar to this, and to be honest, im not sure, how I solved it. There was an option somewhere, that allowed me to turn on or off the metronome, and even change the sound of it, along with the volume.

Lay In Wait,
    I run a 1/4 from my keyboard, and drumachine into the mic input as well. I tried the line and couldn't get any sound or levels. so I tried the mic, and it worked, and went with that from then on. Is there an option I'm missing(other than the obvious of choosing a Line input instead of a mic input in the port)?

It's all about the Ying and the Yang, and what shall come forth in me today.. the Angel or the Devil?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1