project-shed's third offering "live remix"

Author
thepogue
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2458
2007/11/23 10:39:48 (permalink)

project-shed's third offering "live remix"

played a bit with this again this morning...very happy to get the feedback! It's funny how after quite a few hours in front of the monitors things get fuzzy....just glad I wasn't driving...lol

Let me know what ya think....

Song title - Nothin' New Invention

4 Replies Related Threads

ToneCarver
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1655
    RE: project-shed's third offering "live remix" 2007/11/23 18:08:28 (permalink)
    Tom - nice coool groove. It could be my listening setup (just some budget desktop speakers) but the mix sounds quite a bit heavy in the lower end and and quite low in the high end. Creative vocalizations (?) and decorations towards the end of the piece. Brought a smile for sure.

Please forgive the off-topic tangent here if this is out of line, but 'project shed' puts me in mind of the Monty Python sketch about the composer Aurthur "Two Sheds" Jackson: http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/arthurtw.htm. An inspiration perhaps or merely coincidence ?
    thepogue
    RE: project-shed's third offering "live remix" 2007/11/23 18:25:32 (permalink)
    merely coincidence....BUT as a python-head I enjoyed the read just that same! I'm glad you enjoyed the song in whatever manner and as far as the mix...I've got some pretty lame monitors also....so until there replaced it'll be hard for me to zero in on tone-control. ...I had fun with this one andas far as the ending I was thinkin'...shoot...a rock band, a bar, and opera singer...ok..that'll work..lol

Thanks for your input which I always need and enjoy!

By the way...I just listened to "All in a moment"...all as I can say is WOW!...just cut to the bone. I could "feel" the notes...and for me thats what its all about...great great job!!
    post edited by thepogue - 2007/11/23 18:43:34
    DuRod
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1082
    RE: project-shed's third offering "live remix" 2007/11/23 18:49:27 (permalink)
    Tom, nice sounds for a live recording. Good groove and nice funky kind of jazzy blues mood. I think a studio version of this would sound awesome, have you thougt about it?

DuRod
    thepogue
    is it live or memorex??? 2007/11/23 18:58:37 (permalink)
    well......ah....hmmm....it was a desk-top only until this mornin'...and invited 173 people over...bought a keg.....hired a bar tender to make lots of noises "tinkin" glasses and dropping silverware.....told some bad jokes to table 8....

then i remixed it...lol I might post the not-so-live version and see what ya think!!

Bitflipper suggested I add a bit or reverb to liven' things up a bit...thast like tellin and Irishmen to take a lil sip (I'm living proof of that!)...excess-excess-excess...lmao
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1