" IVORY "

Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
2011/08/15 16:30:18 (permalink)

" IVORY "

This is something I have been messing around for a few weeks in my spare time , alittle piano playing .

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10956388&q=hi&newref=1

8 Replies Related Threads

vechung
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 818
    Re: " IVORY " 2011/08/15 16:40:28 (permalink)
    This is your usual great stuff.  Nice atmospheric piece.  It has the same beat and bass line through out the song.  Maybe consider some breakdown or a change up?

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
    https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
    radio
    Re: " IVORY " 2011/08/15 17:47:03 (permalink)
    vechung

This is your usual great stuff.  Nice atmospheric piece.  It has the same beat and bass line through out the song.  Maybe consider some breakdown or a change up?

Thanks Vechung , it started out as music for a flightsim video that I had planned on making .
    I might mess with it some more but right now I'm dealing with a really bad cold , I somehow manage to get this far with it .
    Maybe when I get over this I can add some more noticeable changes to it , thanks for sharing your comments with me on this one .
    Cheers!
    Radio

philz
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2462
    Re: " IVORY " 2011/08/17 15:05:44 (permalink)
    James, I really liked this.  I loved the percussion feel, though as Vicente noted, it is somewhat repetitive.  I was actually quite impressed with your keyboard chops, and I'd suggest giving that piano a little gain boost... show off a little   It feels like this is good enough to be worth some extra effort.
    Philip
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4062
    Re: " IVORY " 2011/08/17 18:26:43 (permalink)
    Ambience Electronica

... had to slam up the volume before the hypnotics could be felt.

Bass-line is perfect (for me) ... wow! Are you literally side-hitting the snare ... great touch!

... had to slam up the volume again, hahaha!

Totally awesome piece of majic, sir!

Philip  
    (Isa 5:12 And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD)

Raised-Again 3http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12307501
    BretB
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 508
    Re: " IVORY " 2011/08/17 20:27:40 (permalink)
    Sonically excelent musically needs some changes but that has been said.  Love the groove and mix.  Made me want to crank it up!

Sonar Platinum - A&H ZED R16 - KRK VXT4's - Yamaha DTXpress IV & Gretsch Catalina Maple kits

"Music is what feelings sound like"
    https://soundcloud.com/bret575b
    radio
    Re: " IVORY " 2011/08/17 21:06:10 (permalink)

impressed with your keyboard chops, and I'd suggest giving that piano a little gain boost...  Thanks Phil , I was using the Miami Piano in Dimension . I added some compression and some reverb but maybe not enough compression or is there another way to make a piano shine using Dimension ?

wow! Are you literally side-hitting the snare ... great touch! -Thanks Philip , I was using two different drum percussion sounds to get that effect .

Love the groove and mix - Thanks BretB , your right some changes would had been better . I sort rushed it because of the cold I started dealing with , sort sucks this cold turned into a upper respiratory infection where I might have to go to see a doctor if it doesn't clear up in a day or so .

As for the changes I'm looking at adding in something but right now my enery level is in the red . See what happens next week , thanks for the listen and your feedback .

Radio

Freddy J
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2348
    Re:" IVORY " 2011/08/17 21:30:23 (permalink)
    Veeerrrryyy nice stuff.  Being a rhythm nut, although the bass,percussion, etc. were somewhat  repetitive I found this to be a real strength of the song.  It really pushed this number along and the repetitiveness (while carrying the song along) was in the background enough that it allowed the keyboard, effects, etc. to shine and create the sounds that would keep one listening.  The rhythm did not compete with what the rest of the instruments were doing.  The mix sound good to me.  Even with my crummy equipment each instrument is right there and can be picked out.  I also like the wide panning.
    Excellent job.

Freddy J
    radio
    Re:" IVORY " 2011/08/18 01:16:11 (permalink)
    Freddy J

Veeerrrryyy nice stuff.  Being a rhythm nut, although the bass,percussion, etc. were somewhat  repetitive I found this to be a real strength of the song.  It really pushed this number along and the repetitiveness (while carrying the song along) was in the background enough that it allowed the keyboard, effects, etc. to shine and create the sounds that would keep one listening.  The rhythm did not compete with what the rest of the instruments were doing.  The mix sound good to me.  Even with my crummy equipment each instrument is right there and can be picked out.  I also like the wide panning.
    Excellent job.

Freddy J

Thanks Freddy , I'm going to mess around with it some more as soon as I get over this cold and see if I can't add some nice changes to it .
    Thanks for the comments and feedback .
    Cheers!
    Radio

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1