"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Bob Oister
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2766
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/05 21:59:40 (permalink)
rhynosynth:

Hey, rhynosynth,

Thank you very much for checking this intro out for me, and also for your very kind words!

I was hoping that it would work out okay as a decent lead-in to "Razor's Edge", and I originally meant to keep it about one minute long, but once I started playing, the emotion that I felt standing there that night 24 years ago sort of kicked in, and I ended up going almost to the two minute mark.  So, I decided to just let it stand as the quick one-shot take that it is.

I never plan out a solo or have any idea what I'm going to play as a solo or a lead fill until I hit the record button.  I think sometimes that the sheer spontaneity and rawness of not knowing what you intend to play, adds a little bit of a "live" element to certain songs, at least hopefully, it does! 

Thanks again for giving this a listen, I greatly appreciate your time, input, and your comments.  Have a great weekend!
Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jamesg1213
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/06 11:42:32 (permalink)
Bob, thank you very much for your kind words, Larry and I really appreciate that.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
BIABDude
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 676
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/06 17:09:55 (permalink)
+ + 1---- cool tone and performance
geeare1
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1906
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/07 21:19:32 (permalink)
Hi Bob,

This sounds great on my cheap headphones. Definitely a cool way to open the cd.

Excellent emotional playing.

-gr

'There's two kinds of music: good and bad. I like both.' - Duke Ellington

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=943338&content=music
ohgrant
Max Output Level: -35.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3966
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/07 21:42:37 (permalink)
Really like that thick tone you got on this Bob, some great sounding confident bends. Real nice sound scape solo

Me

Basradaem
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 422
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/07 21:45:44 (permalink)
Bob, this is amazing.  Awesome guitar playing.  Wow, hell of an intro tune!

Luke Sarro
--------------
Sonar Platinum 64-bit on Windows 10 x64 

Bob Oister
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/14 05:15:08 (permalink)
So sorry for the late replies, guys!  Out of nowhere, the past week got super hectic for me and I'm finally getting a chance to get back on here.

SeriousNoise:

Hey, Bobby,

Thanks again for checking this out and commenting!  I might just try to tweak the reverb on the lead guitar just a touch more, and hopefully, I'll put a wrap on this one.  It's really just a little lead-in to set the mood for "Razor's Edge", so I think it should do the trick.

Thanks again, and have a great night!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

james1213:

Thank you, James!  You and Larry are two of the nicest and most talented guys on the forum, and I really appreciate all of your input, help and support over the last couple of years.  It means a lot to me!

Have a great night!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIABDude:

Hey, Dude,

Thanks, buddy, I really appreciate the listen and also the encouraging comments!

Have a good one!
Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

geeare1:

Hi, Gary,

Thank you for checking in on this one for me, and for your very kind words!  I'm very grateful that you enjoyed it, and I really appreciate your input

Have a great week, buddy!
Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ohgrant:

Hey, Grant,

How are you, buddy?  Doing well, I hope.  It's really great to see you back around on the forum!

Thank you very much for checking this one out for me, and for your very kind words, I really appreciate your input and observations.

Have a great night, Grant!
Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dreambliss:

Hi, Luke,

Thank you so much for giving this a listen, and also for your very kind words of encouragement! 

Yep, sometimes raw emotion like the anniversary of a death, can stir up something that allows flat out musical expression to flow freely, and turn into something satisfying.

Thanks again for checking in on this one for me, I'm always grateful for your input and observations.

Have a great night, Luke!
Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vechung
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 818
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/14 09:20:49 (permalink)
Sorry for being late, but it is an awesome intro.

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/14 11:39:45 (permalink)
Very cool intro Bob. The guitar tones are nice & heavy....it all sounded really good on my cheap headphones at work. What did you use for drums? (they're done nicely as well).

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
Bob Oister
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/14 17:27:49 (permalink)
vechung:

Hi, Vicente,

Thank you very much, buddy!  I truly appreciate you taking time to listen and your encouraging comments, and I always look forward to your thoughts and input on my music.

Many thanks, Vicente, have a great day!
Bob

mesh:

Hi, Mesh,

Thanks for checking in on this song for me, and for your very kind words!

As for the drums, since this was sort of an unplanned, spur of the moment, quick throw together, I didn't even use my Yamaha drum pads.   I simply tapped out the drum rhythm on my M-audio Keyrig.  Then I ran it through Steven Slate Drums and the Voxengo Analogflux Flux TapeBuss plugin, and then a custom tweaked setup in Sonar's PX-64 percussion Strip.

Thank you so much for taking time to listen and comment, I greatly appreciate your input and feedback.

Have a great day!
Bob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

evadianepug
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4477
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/15 14:40:07 (permalink)
I absolutely love this and wish it was longer!  Everything is so "rock" BUT so clear and present.  Really took me away.  You are a premier musician and producer, my friend. 

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
SonarX3
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/15 16:59:02 (permalink)

Hi there Bob

This sounds awesome brother - you have really developed a distinctive signature tone that just just cries out "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Bob Oister is in the building, and he's about to melt your face off"

Although this would work as a great intro to an album or to a song, I think you've got enough going on here to work it up into a full instrumental. Maybe a change of tempo somewhere along the way, and some of those gorgeous harmony parts you're so good at - it would keep me interested for four or five minutes for certain

I can't wait for the CD to come out Bob - I hope all is progressing well on that front.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

marcos69
Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4950
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/15 17:34:27 (permalink)
That's great Bob.  Perfect tone.  I wouldn't mind the wind playing out longer after the song fades, then fade the wind out during the intro of another song's fade-in.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
drumstixkev
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2709
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/15 18:05:19 (permalink)
Hi Bob,
I see I'm late for the party again. Those tones , those tones are just full and rich sounding and the perfect blend with the drums in the mix. Love the rhythmic clean tone playing behind the lead. This kinda gave me a Classic Western Movie vibe.  All it was missing was the church bell off in a distance.  Awesome piece and performance. KUDOS, my friend!

Kev

VoxBoxStudio music made with SONAR & SONiCA AUDIO LAB computers.   Website http://drumstixkev.wix.com/voxboxstudio 

Bob Oister
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/19 04:16:59 (permalink)
evadianepug:

Hey, Warren,

It's really great to see you back on the forum, buddy, and I'm very glad that you're feeling better!

Thank you so much for giving this a listen and for your very kind words.  I really appreciate your comments, especially coming from a great producer like you, your stuff is always top notch!

Thanks again and have a great night, Warren!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SteveStrummerUK:

Hey, Steve

How are you, my friend?  Hope you're doing great!

Thanks very much for checking this one out for me, and for your very encouraging words.  All of the very generous input, help and advice over the past couple years from you, and many of our other forum friends, seems to finally be paying off for me, because I'm starting to feel much more comfortable when I'm recording and mixing.  I think it's finally starting to show a bit with some better results.  You were one of the the first ones to welcome me here when I joined, and I truly appreciate your friendship and support throughout this great learning experience.

As for the CD, I'm still struggling a bit trying to patch up some of my older mixes for a couple songs I was hoping to include, and I'm just putting the finishing touches on the final few new songs as we speak.  With a little luck, I'm still hoping to get the CD done in the next few weeks.

By the way, absolutely spectacular job on your recently posted DYNAMITE cover of "Anarchy in the UK".  You and Troy totally rocked the house with that monster rock track, fantastic job, man!

Thanks again, Steve, and have a great weekend, buddy!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

marcos69:

Hey, Mark,

Thanks, buddy, I really appreciate you giving this a listen for me, and also your very kind words!

Also, congratulations on your CD release, amazing playing, and a fantastic job on your video for "Cosmic Renegade", really good stuff!

Thanks again, Mark, and have a great weekend!
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

drumstixkev:

Hey, Kev,

How are you, buddy?  It's really great to see you back around on the forum!

Thanks a lot for checking this intro out for me, and for your input and very encouraging words!  I might just give your church bell idea a try to see if I can fit it in somewhere, thanks for the really good suggestion.

Thanks again, Kev, I really appreciate your input, observations and comments, and I'm very happy that you liked the song.  Have a great weekend!
Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scoobie
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 263
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/20 21:20:07 (permalink)
I hadn't been here much lately so this one slipped by.

As always your mix sounds great,  :)

Tim

Outback Remote Recording,  16 or 24 track mobile rig.
Bob Oister
Re:"Cemetery Wind" (Instrumental Intro) 2011/11/21 01:27:09 (permalink)
Scoobie:

Hey, Tim,

How are you, buddy?  Hope you're doing great!

Thanks for checking out this instrumental intro for me, and for your kind words!  I really appreciate you giving it a listen and commenting.

Have a good one, Tim!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1