"Lose Control" my first attempt at Club/Pop/Rock

Author
wayofmind
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 101
2011/01/09 06:05:05 (permalink)

"Lose Control" my first attempt at Club/Pop/Rock

Hey guys, sorry for the crappy YouTube quality... I've posted a song or two before on here and I think it's time I get a Soundclick working soon lol.

But anyway, I just seriously busted my butt on this song. It may not sound very complicated but that's the trick, isn't it?

This entire song is riddled with -heavy- use of Melodyne (for pitch and phrase length) and -heavy- use of V-Vocal's fake vibrato (she does have some real vibrato in one or two spots, but all the big moments, especially everything in the end, is 100% V-Vocal).

Be careful with your subwoofers because the only thing I haven't gotten to (and won't be able to get to until next month) is cleaning up the lows and sub-lows!!!

Hope you guys like :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPntWdpL9OE

www.richieblac.com 
Sonar X3e Producer x64
Nuendo 4 
AMD FX 8350
16gb RAM 1600mhz
Windows 8.1
PreSonus Firestudio

5 Replies Related Threads

Truckermusic
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1924
    Re:"Lose Control" my first attempt at Club/Pop/Rock 2011/01/09 09:15:07 (permalink)
    OK.....well I think I should just give up now!!!!!   LOL

this is really very good!...I love her voice (oh by the way....did Dave give some osrt of secerte on how to get beautiful women with beautiful voices to work for you?????)

I love the mix tween the metal guitar and the club beat with the auto tune vox......it fits so well......and no it does not seem simple.....

lucky I do not have sub's on my internet PC....

so this is really a nice work sir. (much much better than mine I have up right now)

Clifford

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
    NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
    Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
    Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
    Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
    16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re:"Lose Control" my first attempt at Club/Pop/Rock 2011/01/09 10:20:21 (permalink)
    I can see you've put a lot of work into this. Personally I think the whole auto-tune thing has been done to death, but that said, you've done it very well, so congrats on that. Can't comment in the mix too much as only listening on my lappy, but it sounds right for the style.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:"Lose Control" my first attempt at Club/Pop/Rock 2011/01/09 10:25:28 (permalink)
    this sounds pretty good.

I'm not a fan of autotune, BUT, when it's used as a spice, and not overused to cover the singer's inability to actually sing, I think it's part of the creative process...

Nice tune, good production.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    wayofmind
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re:"Lose Control" my first attempt at Club/Pop/Rock 2011/01/09 10:31:05 (permalink)
    Thanks guys! I would like to note, though, that I only cranked up Autotune in the very very beginning of the song and during the bridge...

www.richieblac.com 
    Sonar X3e Producer x64
    Nuendo 4 
    AMD FX 8350
    16gb RAM 1600mhz
    Windows 8.1
    PreSonus Firestudio
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:"Lose Control" my first attempt at Club/Pop/Rock 2011/01/09 10:36:45 (permalink)
    Yeah  I noticed that.... and I appreciated that fact that you did NOT us AT all the way through, cause that girl can sing, and it's a crime to cover up a good voice with AT....

I listened to the song because the AT stopped.... and she actually was singing...!

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1