"Song of the Week" by David Berriman, "E Song"

Author
DBerriman
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 51
2011/05/17 16:46:52 (permalink)

"Song of the Week" by David Berriman, "E Song"

A new piece that needs a title and/or lyrics.  For now, it is called "E Song"....that is, until I title it or someone writes lyrics to it!

http://soundcloud.com/david-berriman/e-song

I'm loving Sonar X1.  Can anyone tell me where / how I can begin to get strumming acoustic guitars into songs (without being a guitarist!)?  I thought I saw something like that once in one of the modules (strumming patterns and the like) but I can't remember where/how to implement that.  Is there such a thing?  Anyway, I hope you enjoy my latest Song of the Week, "E Song".  Feedback is always very welcome.  Thank you.

db

3 Replies Related Threads

radio
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2782
    Re:"Song of the Week" by David Berriman, "E Song" 2011/05/17 17:51:06 (permalink)

Wow db welcome to the forum ! You have great talent on the keys , how long have you been playing piano or just the keyboard ?
    SonarX1 I might be buying that this year after I get my new computer built first so it will handle it .
    I love the changes in your song and the melody , great stuff !!

Hope you hang out now that your a SonarX1 man ,thanks for posting your new song .

Radio

radio
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2782
    Re:"Song of the Week" by David Berriman, "E Song" 2011/05/18 03:20:52 (permalink)

Hi David , there are some guitar software  out there called Real Strat and Real Guitar .
    You can check them out on youtube just type in Real Guitar or Real Strat .
    They are all designed to work with someone who plays the way you do on the keyboard , check them out .
    Warning they are close to three hundred each , I hear they are worth it .

Another good piece of guitar software is called ( Notion 3 ) , if you know how to read guitar music you can create any type of guitar sound you want .
    All the guitar notation is in there , alot more then any of the CakeWalk products .
    Notion 3 is all about working with a Staff and Tab for guitar , it includes onboard simulated AMPs for the special guitar sounds you might be looking for .
    I bought it on sale from Sweetwater for $200.00 , normal cost is $300.00 .
    Thats your other option , check that software out . Its more then guitar and well worth the money !

Hey everyone check out Davids song called the " E Song " he a real Pro at playing piano and keyboard .
    Don't worry about slow comments David , when your new here its slow untill they get to know you and your music !

Welcome to the forum !
    Radio

mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:"Song of the Week" by David Berriman, "E Song" 2011/05/18 04:02:28 (permalink)
    wow the intro is very nearly something else famous....
    nice piano playing, and i like some of the synth sounds, though not sure all of them work. the drums sound a bit too modern for this style (esp the kick). guitar sounds work fine - not what i was expecting at all! it could do with a bit of mastering as even at the highest volume level it's quite quiet...
    enjoyed this, it has a bit of a Billy Joel feel to it.

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1