random clip dropouts in mixdowns in sonar 7

Author
LordHines42
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12
2010/07/20 17:00:16 (permalink)

random clip dropouts in mixdowns in sonar 7

all of a sudden. out of nowhere. and for no reason at all. troubleshooting produces random results. need help now before ppl die.

6 Replies Related Threads

brundlefly
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14250
    Re:random clip dropouts in mixdowns in sonar 7 2010/07/20 17:23:32 (permalink)
    Not much to work with there. 

What kind of dropouts? Entire mix with gaps or individual tracks dropping out? Audio or synth tracks? All projects or just one? What kind of synths and FX? Playback's okay, and just Fast Bounce causing problems?

LordHines42
    Re:random clip dropouts in mixdowns in sonar 7 2010/07/20 17:30:39 (permalink)
    brundlefly

Not much to work with there. 

What kind of dropouts? Entire mix with gaps or individual tracks dropping out? Audio or synth tracks? All projects or just one? What kind of synths and FX? Playback's okay, and just Fast Bounce causing problems?

i did some new takes. cut them up. the dead noise. which i always do. no problem. but now some of them play and some dont. troubleshooting had the left and right guitar tracks working but not in the full mix with bass and superior drummer. but everything worked properly when i slid everything down to the end of the song. makes no sense. this has never happened before. been doing this almost every day for like 2 years almost now.
    LordHines42
    Re:random clip dropouts in mixdowns in sonar 7 2010/07/20 17:36:34 (permalink)
    everything plays properly in realtime. but the mixdown doesnt play some clips. but it worked when i did bounce to. btw.
    CJaysMusic
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:random clip dropouts in mixdowns in sonar 7 2010/07/20 17:57:27 (permalink)
    Are you sure that all the clips where selected before the bounce?
    And are you sure that all tracks are going o the master bus and then the main outs?
    And are you sure that you either selected main outs or entire mix for your bounce source?
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    ba_midi
    • Total Posts : 14061
    Re:random clip dropouts in mixdowns in sonar 7 2010/07/20 18:02:50 (permalink)
    LordHines42

everything plays properly in realtime. but the mixdown doesnt play some clips. but it worked when i did bounce to. btw.
    Aside from what the others suggest, try turning off the 64bit Double Precision Engine if all else fails.  It might cause a problem under some circumstances.

Oh and PS- I'm a ppl and don't wanna die :P

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    LordHines42
    Re:random clip dropouts in mixdowns in sonar 7 2010/07/20 19:47:54 (permalink)
    here's the deal. same take on same track. cut up. now some of the same cut up clips dont play in the full mixdown, while others of the same clip do. but they play in realtime. and they play in the mixdown by themselves or together left right guitars. its just stupid. it even changes which cut up parts of the same clip play depending on when and where i grab on the timeline to render out. where i start and end. its just weird and random and a bug i guess. but the thing is, ive been doing this for years and have never had this happen until today. it makes no sense. and its ruining everything.

ill troubleshoot it some more later i guess. i was just wondering if anyone had seen this before and knew a quick fix. guess not.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1