rapture for intel mac?

Author
jeffb01
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2006/06/20 18:54:39 (permalink)

rapture for intel mac?

Greetings.

Does anyone know when Rapture 1.1 for the intel mac is coming out. I've seen it advertised for months and I'm planning on buying it if it comes out soon. Just seeing if anyone had any word. thanks.

5 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: rapture for intel mac? 2006/06/20 19:06:45 (permalink)
    I've seen it advertised for months
    Welcome to the forum, Jeff. I cringe every time I see those ads as well. I know that the advertising copy goes out well in advance, but surely someone in [Marketing] must have noticed the "Download from www.cakewalk.com, April 2006" banner that's graced every full-page ad since January. I've got a lot of people asking me 'what's up with that?' myself.

The original official release stated by Q2 of 2006, so that's not long in coming (to a close ). I'd check back again before the 4th of July holiday. On the encouraging side, it looks like the EM reviewer [July, 2006] snagged his screenshots on a Mac.
    b rock
    RE: rapture for intel mac? 2006/06/30 22:32:32 (permalink)
    Jeff, the Universal Binary Update patch just popped up [here] at the Rapture Support page. From that page:

What does it do:
    This update provides support for Intel Enabled Mac users via a new Universal Binary AU (AudioUnit) component. This component will also install on PowerPC based Macs, but does not provide any new features or bug fixes to the current Rapture 1.0 AU.

Who is it for:
    Intel-based Mac customers using host applications that support Audio Units, such as Live 5.2, Garageband 3, and Logic Pro and Express users version 7.2.x. Rapture AU Universal Binary update installs a Rapture AU plugin with native support for Mac systems with Intel processors. This update is required for all users with Intel Core Duo or Core Solo systems, running OS X 10.4.4 or later. Users with Power PC based Mac systems, such as a G4 or a G5 do not need to install this update.

You must be logged in with Administrator privileges in order to install the Rapture AU UB update.
    jeffb01
    RE: rapture for intel mac? 2006/06/30 23:33:35 (permalink)
    You want to hear a crazy story. I had a coupon for guitar center (a major music retailer) that expired today (june 30th at midnight). It was a good coupon (20% off) and I wanted to use it on something good so I bought rapture on blind faith knowing that I wouldn't be able to use the program until the update came out. That's something I normally wouldn't do. Well anyway, then today (the very same day) it came.

I love rapture. I've only played with the presets, but I think it's a perfect compliment for my dimensions pro. I think I like it even more, but that may be because it is newer. Thanks b rock for keeping me posted.
    b rock
    RE: rapture for intel mac? 2006/07/01 11:35:59 (permalink)
    Timing is everything, Jeff. I'm glad that it all worked ouyt for you. I'm curious: For my own information, is everything working for you as expected with the patch? People are going to ask me, and I'd like your input on that, as it's outside my field of expertise. The next thing that I'm wondering is how everyone is getting these GC 20% off coupons. They should be offering me stock options by now.
    jeffb01
    RE: rapture for intel mac? 2006/07/01 12:38:38 (permalink)
    The patch is working perfect as far as I can tell. It's running smooth and there is nothing buggy about it. Of course, I've never used rapture before, so I could miss a small nuance. But so far perfect.

As for the GC coupon, I got a letter in the mail saying I was in the top 5% of their customers and it included a coupon for 20% of a single item (with a few items it could not be used for). My friend also got one and he said he barely ever buys anything there so we question if we're actually in the top 5%. I think June 30th is the end of a fiscal cycle of some sort, because it seems that a lot of places were having big midnight sales that day. Your coupon probably got lost in the mail...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1