really mad...recording midi

Author
ace14
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2005/05/28 12:23:28 (permalink)

really mad...recording midi

okay here's the problem, just got the program iam alittle aware of how midi works. the problem iam having is recording midi from my casio ctk-496 keyboard. I can recieve output from the program into my keyboard but it will not record to the program. have read every forum and tec tip I can find on the subject but it still has not worked. in the windows status bar it shows the led lights indicating it it is sending and recieving midi information to and from my keyboard but it it does not record a note or anything, and the cpu indicator in the bottom right hand corner of MC says that iam using 0% of my cpu and memory . sometimes it will record one second glitches, but only half way into the recording or at the end. I have my keyboard/computer pluged and set up right, ive checked and rechecked more then I need to, and also re-installed the program. if you need info about the computer it has plenty memory and cpu, the sound card is a maussio (spelling) 24 bit api. it is plugged in using the midi/joystick plug. what else can I say, if anyone has any idea? is this a sound card problem, keyboard, or MC problem. Ive went over the tec suggestions several times and still nothing..........please help asap or iam going to hurt my computer so bad it wont remember its brand name.

7 Replies Related Threads

ace14
    RE: really mad...recording midi 2005/05/28 18:21:42 (permalink)
    i notice that no one has replied, is this a bad question? or is it because this program is such a pain in the butt. I need help, iam sure this problem has been posted before and i may have missed it, any refrences? anybody, anybody?
    annannienann
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 181
    RE: really mad...recording midi 2005/05/28 19:18:43 (permalink)
    With issues like this it is really hard for anyone to help but I will take a few wild stabs in the dark.
    Maybe you haven't selected a MIDI input? You can changes in the tools menu some where sorry cant be much more help.
    TGRANT
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 120
    RE: really mad...recording midi 2005/05/28 21:40:47 (permalink)
    Sorry for asking the obvious, but I’m trying to help. Is the correct MIDI input selected? Go to the
    Toolbar and select Option- MIDI. Make sure your MIDI device is there and selected.

Also, is the track armed?

I’ve forgotten some pretty obvious stuff in the past…
    ace14
    RE: really mad...recording midi 2005/05/28 23:15:52 (permalink)
    yup its armed and ready, I can record audio from a mike, can hear everything that I play, but just recording from my midi keyboard does not work? iam totaly lost because ive tried everything and its probley something easy. ouh yeah does anyone know how to get the virtual keyboard to work?
    Peter Rabbit
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1305
    RE: really mad...recording midi 2005/05/29 10:04:49 (permalink)
    Well..... As TGRANT stated, sometimes it's something obvious. Make sure the correct MIDI input is selected per his instructions on his above post.

Also make sure that your are working from an inserted MIDI track and not an AUDIO track. You can not record midi to an audio track.

To access the virtual keyboard just select the piano roll view. Again, it will only work if you're using a MIDI track, not an audio track. And you must have that MIDI track selected (highlighted).

If you're trying to record audio from your keyboard it will not record from your keyboard's MIDI output. To achieve this you'd have to connect the audio line out,(not he midi line out) of your keyboard to your soundcard's audio (not midi) line in.

Hope this helps.
    post edited by Peter Rabbit - 2005/05/29 10:16:14

"Creating a bad song takes just as much time and energy as creating a good one. The problem is that you don't know it's a bad song until someone tells you, and by then it's too late."
    P. Rabbit
    tapper47
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: really mad...recording midi 2005/06/11 20:01:34 (permalink)
    I was struggling with the same problem and after a lot of time I found out what was killing me. I don't know if this will solve your problem or not but it sure fixed mine and I can't figure out why Casio has their keyboards set up this way. When you connect your MIDI cable to the keyboard, put the plug labeled OUT into the IN socket on the keyboard, and the IN plug into the OUT socket...not OUT to OUT and IN to IN. Just call me stupid, but I thought it was the later and I sure waisted an afternoon thinking that either my keyboard or computer was busted. I admit this lack of brains moment only in hopes it will help you out and others if this is their source of trouble.

Good luck!
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: really mad...recording midi 2005/06/12 00:55:13 (permalink)
    It is not just Casio all midi is like that, the card ahs and in and out as does the keyboard what goes out of the keyboard must go "IN" to the card, and vice versa!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1