recognizing sound card error

Author
scoot0524
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2008/10/24 16:02:03 (permalink)

recognizing sound card error

I own guitar tracks pro 3 and have been using it steadily for the past couple of months now. I purchased a Line 6 Tone Port GX to replace my computer's standard realtek audio sound card and the Line 6 has been working flawlessly. However, today my cakewalk software is having trouble recognizing my Line 6 Tone Port as its required driver profile. Every time I change it back to the Libne6 sound card an audio drive error appears saying that my Line 6 card is not recognizable as my drive profile. So when I open the audio options menu in cakewalk to change it back to my Line 6 sound card it says that the Realtek is my driver profile. It kept doing this all day and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this problem out. My computer is a Windows XP Emachine.

1 Reply Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: recognizing sound card error 2008/10/24 16:57:01 (permalink)

Hi there Scott

First off, you could try disabling the Realtek if you already haven't done so - then, if you've previously been using the TonePort's WMD drivers, they should now be recognised and associated with GT if you run the Wave Profile function in Options>Audio>General(tab).

A better solution might be to use the TonePort's ASIO drivers - Options>Audio>Advanced(tab) and select ASIO from the Driver Mode options. You'll be prompted to restart GT3 for the changes to take effect.

If you want to adjust the ASIO latency buffer settings, you'll have to open GearBox and select Help>Hardware & Driver Settings

Let us know if that helps Scott. if not we'll try and think of something else.

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1