rendering from vegas/sony DVD architect

Author
michael japan
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5252
2006/02/28 08:32:26 (permalink)

rendering from vegas/sony DVD architect

what is the best format and best way to make sure that you get the best DVD quality? Or point me to a tutorial or forum. Thanksfor the effort.

Windows 10/64 bit/i7-6560U/SSD/16GB RAM/Cakelab/Sonar Platinum/Pro Tools/Studio 1/Studio 192/DP88/MOTU AVB/Grace M101/AKG Various/Blue Woodpecker/SM81x2/Yamaha C1L Grand Piano/CLP545/MOX88/MOTIF XS Rack Rack/MX61/Korg CX3/Karma/Scarbee EP88s/ Ivory/Ravenscroft Piano/JBL4410/NS10m/Auratones/Omnisphere/Play Composers Selection/Waves/Komplete Kontrol

8 Replies Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: rendering from vegas/sony DVD architect 2006/02/28 10:25:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: michael japan

what is the best format and best way to make sure that you get the best DVD quality? Or point me to a tutorial or forum. Thanksfor the effort.

You want to do your editing in full size (un-compressed) .avi and then as the last step render to MPEG2 using the DVD template. Then start your DVD Architect project and use those MPEG2 files as your source. Done some of that just last night.

Keep in mind you will need plenty of hard drive space. One hour of un-compressed .avi is about 14 gig.
    John Page
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 672
    RE: rendering from vegas/sony DVD architect 2006/02/28 11:51:52 (permalink)

The Crash course

I'm assuming you're capturing from an external device?

If you are you go to File / Capture this should set you up to record as an AVI (like Ohhay said it will be a large file) after you capture you want to render the video and audio streams separately. Make all you edits and insert all your chapter markers ( M key) in Vegas. Choose render as and choose MPEG 2 DVD Architect template and then render, this will render the video portion only. OK after that finishes now do a render as again and keeping the same file name choose an audio template, pull up a AC3 stereo or MP3 template ( I use AC3 stereo) and render the Audio.
    When you open DVD architect select ctrl -n and choose what type of DVD you want to make to keep it simple choose single movie. Browse to the video render file name and choose it DVD architect will automatically pull in the audio with it and then hit make DVD.

This is way OT if you need more info from me take over to "the other place" so not to upset the mods here
    post edited by John Page - 2006/02/28 11:59:15
    ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: rendering from vegas/sony DVD architect 2006/02/28 12:04:12 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: John Page
    ...after you capture you want to render the video and audio streams separately. Make all you edits and insert all your chapter markers ( M key) in Vegas. Choose render as and choose MPEG 2 DVD Architect template and then render, this will render the video portion only. OK after that finishes now do a render as again and keeping the same file name choose an audio template, pull up a AC3 stereo or MP3 template ( I use AC3 stereo) and render the Audio.
    When you open DVD architect select ctrl -n and choose what type of DVD you want to make to keep it simple choose single movie. Browse to the video render file name and choose it DVD architect will automatically pull in the audio with it and then hit make DVD.

Is there a reason why you render the video and audio seperately ? I just drop the .avi into my Vegas project and edit with the audio locked to the video so they don't drift out of sync.

Also, if you put chapter markers with the M key in Vegas what do you do in DVD Architect to get those to show up as chapters ?
    chaz
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2775
    RE: rendering from vegas/sony DVD architect 2006/02/28 13:17:24 (permalink)
    Hi Michael.

Hope things are going well with you and yours.

I think the DMN forums is a very good source of information on things like this. I have personally learned quite a bit from the postings and threads there.

That said.... I have learned that the best format for video is MPEG-2 (and sometimes MPEG-1) and AC-3 or PCM for audio. You need to render video and audio seperately and then bring them into DVD Architect for authoring.

There are also many tutorials available as well on these types of things that I have found helpful as well.

Hope this helps.

God bless.
    chaz
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2775
    RE: rendering from vegas/sony DVD architect 2006/02/28 13:26:42 (permalink)
    Frank,

There is a box to check in DVDA under the Options>Preferences>General tab that allows one to "Automatically link similar audio and video files".

Also.....

I just watched my DVD Series last night and it briefly went over adding Chapters as well to the project. I think he added them on the timeline inside DVD Architect. Well... He added one chapter marker while in DVDA. I am still learning about this stuff, but that is a very good question.

Still..... I hope this was somewhat helpful all-the-same.
    John Page
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 672
    RE: rendering from vegas/sony DVD architect 2006/02/28 15:02:11 (permalink)
    Is there a reason why you render the video and audio seperately ? I just drop the .avi into my Vegas project and edit with the audio locked to the video so they don't drift out of sync.

Also, if you put chapter markers with the M key in Vegas what do you do in DVD Architect to get those to show up as chapters

If you render your video stream to a DVD Architect template all the marker info gets saved with the video file. You then can go back and render your audio in the format you please. If you have a long project say 2 hours you will need to compromise space without sacrificing the video quality you can reduce the bit rate for the audio. I can't imagine doing a 5 hour render to find out your project is 5 gig!!!!!.
    Or if you want to render the audio with a stereo stream and then an AC3 5.1 surround how are you going to do that with a combined render?
    In DVD Architect you can link menu commands to select stereo mix or 5.1 mix and that will require 2 different audio renders so you need to render audio separately.
    The trick is using a DVD Architect template make sure you name the MPG file and AC3 file the same, DVD Architect links up the audio and video just fine.
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4951
    RE: rendering from vegas/sony DVD architect 2006/02/28 15:06:49 (permalink)

is the question regarding audio or video?

jeff

VariousArtist
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1397
    RE: rendering from vegas/sony DVD architect 2006/02/28 15:29:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: John Page

ohhey
    Also, if you put chapter markers with the M key in Vegas what do you do in DVD Architect to get those to show up as chapters

If you render your video stream to a DVD Architect template all the marker info gets saved with the video file.

Furthermore, in DVD Architect you can add to or subtract those markers that get imported in from Vegas Video which is pretty cool.

Obviously many of the markers you have in Vegas Video are useful as chapter and/or scene selections in DVD Architect, but there are often many which you may want to remove or adjust in the final product. And, of course, you can use these markers to derive a sub-menu from which you can suppress some of the markers from being listed in that sub-menu.

Vegas and Architect are cool products and very easy to use ... and extremely powerful.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1