repeats - verses - refrain - dynamics ? help

Author
annw_tpol@yahoo.com
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2007/02/14 20:07:13 (permalink)

repeats - verses - refrain - dynamics ? help

I am also not finding the above terms in the help function.

As far as I can tell, the only way to repeat for verses & refrains is to copy the notes to a new location. This seems like a rough cludge & must make the print out function terrible!

Del Signo, First & Second ending?

I would also like to change the volume to correspond to the dynamic markings. The help function is VERY vague. It seems to only have a notation function that doesn't adjust the play back.

Do the help function writers speak standard music notation? I had better luck back in the 80's with the Commodore SID editor. I still wish I could find a copy.

Ann-W

1 Reply Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: repeats - verses - refrain - dynamics ? help 2007/02/14 21:53:26 (permalink)
    Ann - see my post on your other thread. these functions are not available in this limited notation part of the program. MC is not primarily NOTATION software, it's primarliy a sequencer and the notation part of the program is very limited.

you have to do repeats linearly, volume is controlled by MIDI controls like VOLUME and VELOCITY and EXPRESSION, but you can't show it with the notation part of MC, you have to change it manually in the controller pane or in the properties page of each note.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1