does anyone know how to reset sonar to initial settings?? reinstall=same problem
if you really feel the need to reinstall it will only take less than an hour to restore sonar back to its default settings by re-installing sonar x2.
im not sure there is a reset to default settings, factory settings.
just explore all your options and back up your track templates, project templates, exc.
here's how to re-install sonar x2:
For a clean installation of SONAR X2 please try the following:
PRE-uninstall) Disable your Anti-Virus: this means all sheilds, most AV can be disabled right from the taskbar/notifications area by right clicking on your AV icon / disable permanently (this isnt actually permanently/See: *Important note). *Important to note- your Anti virus will not be disabled after your computer re-boots because it is set to start up in services.
1) Completely un-install SONAR from your computer. This is normally done from Start | Programs | Cakewalk. This will not remove any of your project files or audio data.
2) Next you will want to open the Run Command
a) In Windows Vista and 7 this can be done by holding down the ‘windows’ key and pressing ‘R’
b) In Windows 8 this can be done by holding down the ‘windows’ key and pressing ‘R’ the typing in CMD in the message box/press enter
3) At the prompt type regedit and click OK. ***Backup your Registry before making edits - you do this by clicking the File menu, Export Registry File.
4) Now delete the following Registry keys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Producer\X2 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Producer\X2 *Please note that this will remove any effects presets and key bindings you may have made in Cakewalk. You can back these up separately if you like, using Options|Key Bindings, Tools|SONAR Plug-in Manager, and Options|Colors. Hit F1 in these views for detailed instructions on how to do this. *go to C/Cakewalk content/SONAR X2 Producer.(the SONAR X2 Producer folder has all your track templates, Cal scripts, project templetes, pro channel presets and other things you might want to look at before reinstalling incase you want to back those up
5) Open the 'Run' command again.
6) Copy and paste the following into the prompt: %appdata%\Cakewalk
7) This will open your Cakewalk Application Data folder, right-click on the SONAR folder and choose rename.
8) Rename this folder SONAR X2 Backup.
9) Open the 'Run' command again and type msconfig Click OK and then click on the Startup tab at the upper right of the window that opens.
10) Uncheck all items listed, click OK, then restart your computer. You can always recheck those items again at a later time. 11) Then reinstall SONAR. Make sure to have any virus scanners disabled on installation. It is not required or recommended to turn off any windows services.
*A small note on steps 9 + 10 ( services)
let me explain how virus's work, some malicious software are linked to your windows start up. thus when booting the computer the virus starts automatically blocking you from installing any anti virus to remove the virus. thus blocking you from installing anything. there are a few other reasons as well http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=1862515