simple but complicated question

Author
DCshoesGIRL
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2005/12/02 01:43:20 (permalink)

simple but complicated question

Im able to burn cds and everything.....but by inserting the DXi synth and EDIROL VSC,(which is the only way ive been able to burn cds)I lose my original keyboard sound.....then I get the programs piano sound.....which I dont like at all......it doesn't sound like a real piano and sounds like theres no pedal.......now maybe I just need to give up and maybe this is the wrong program for me.....cause ive been playin the piano for 9 years....and the piano is the only thing I play........so all I want is to record my piano through a program......and burn that original performance just the way it is onto a cd........not changed into the program to sound different........so PLEASE help me.....I would very much appriciate any information U know....THANX

Monica

1 Reply Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: simple but complicated question 2005/12/02 04:05:25 (permalink)
    If you play thru Edirol VSc it will sound like .... you guessed it Edirol VSC, if you want it to sound like the keyboard you have to attach a audio cable from the keyboard to the sound card and record the keyboards audio output.

Think this one thru for a minute,, if you can grasp this concept you will take a giant step forward in midi understanding. MIDI IS NOT SOUND IT IS INSTRUCTIONS, so the keyboard sends instructions to the program and then edirol is used to interpret those instructions, how could it sound like the keyboard, the keyboard is not interpreting the instructions, it is sending them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1